+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Millers In The News (2022-23)

Much traveled Ollie Banks started his career with the Millers and now plays for Chesterfield in the fifth tier.

When the Spireites keeper was sent off after 28 minutes, in their opening match at newly promoted Dorking Rangers, Chesterfield were leading 1-0. Ollie went in goal and, down to 10 men, they increased their lead to 2-0 but finished with a draw as Ollie let two in.

I lived briefly in Dorking in 1987 and had no idea they had a football team. (Where they play, Meadowbank, was a rec. for Sunday League as far as I recall.)

While on the subject of goalkeeping, great to see Marek Rodák still in goal for Fulham in their commendable draw against Liverpool. I don't think he had an exceptional game but satisfying to see a player, who learned much of his trade at RUFC, play at the highest level

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Much traveled Ollie Banks started his career with the Millers and now plays for Chesterfield in the fifth tier.

When the Spireites keeper was sent off after 28 minutes, in their opening match at newly promoted Dorking Rangers, Chesterfield were leading 1-0. Ollie went in goal and, down to 10 men, they increased their lead to 2-0 but finished with a draw as Ollie let two in.

I lived briefly in Dorking in 1987 and had no idea they had a football team. (Where they play, Meadowbank, was a rec. for Sunday League as far as I recall.)

While on the subject of goalkeeping, great to see Marek Rodák still in goal for Fulham in their commendable draw against Liverpool. I don't think he had an exceptional game but satisfying to see a player, who learned much of his trade at RUFC, play at the highest level
    According to Jeff stalling on soccer Saturday.dorking was still playing on a council pitch with players paying Ł5 subs in 1999…12 promotions later they are where they are…

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Fulham just signed Leno (Bernd not Jay) from Arsenal for 8M so Rodák might soon be honing his bench warming skills.

So far tonight I'm seeing Tavernier had scored from the penalty spot as Rangers fight back in their Champions League Qualifying tie and Sadlier on target for Bolton who are bossing Salford in the League Cup.

Bowery sent off for Mansfield…

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Fulham just signed Leno (Bernd not Jay) from Arsenal for 8M so Rodák might soon be honing his bench warming skills.
    He'll be demanding a transfer if he wasn't on a million quid a year

Meanwhile having been jailed for 3 years and 6 months back on Monday, 29th July 2019, Darnell Bailey-King is probably out on licence.

Wonder if any lower league club is willing to give him a chance again?

Joey Bartons thoughts on Trevor Clarke

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...box=1660135419

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Joey Bartons thoughts on Trevor Clarke

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...box=1660135419
    He's such a charmer Barton and not necessarily too bright. If I was looking to sell a car I don't think I'd open my advert in the paper with "1980 Ford Capri. Reason for sale - I don't trust it.........."

And people moan about Warne.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast