+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Incidentally, Gareth was sat in the stands, he saw this international class display from Tarko, he also saw Pickford spill a simple shot, something I don't think I've ever see Pope do. Will either event lodge between his ears, or will it be same old, same old for the next England game ?
    Answers on a postcard please ---you will not any win any prizes, exactly the same as Tarks and Pope who will not win any caps. Very sad state of affairs, particularly after watching Maguire struggling again.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Incidentally, Gareth was sat in the stands, he saw this international class display from Tarko, he also saw Pickford spill a simple shot, something I don't think I've ever see Pope do. Will either event lodge between his ears, or will it be same old, same old for the next England game ?
    You already know the answer to that don’t you sinkov. As fast as ex players are concerned I rarely bother with them when they have left Burnley. They are all too soon kissing another badge. I make exceptions for Duffo, Graham Alexander, Sam Vokes and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I think Muric will be good for the VK style of play.Playing out from the back is always risky and he keeps a high line which eill inevitably lead to the odd clanger but I prefer that to Hoofball.
    He certainly cured my constipation CiB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He certainly cured my constipation CiB.
    LOL.Thing is, I reckon VK is counting on us always creating and scoring more chances than the opposition and yesterday despite 71% posession we were relatively kept at bay by Luton.Benson looks good but we need a no.9 and acbit more firepower up front.Sad to say and you can see he is trying but Ashley looks shot even at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    LOL.Thing is, I reckon VK is counting on us always creating and scoring more chances than the opposition and yesterday despite 71% posession we were relatively kept at bay by Luton.Benson looks good but we need a no.9 and acbit more firepower up front.Sad to say and you can see he is trying but Ashley looks shot even at this level.
    Barnes was shocking 1st half but improved second and he’ll have a part to play for us I think , but watching them it was like Burnley in a Luton kit from the last few years ( but with added pace - something we didn’t have on the counter attack ).
    However as a Burnley fan it was incredible to think we’re watching and asking why don’t they come out to play football instead of 10 men behind the ball ( ironic really ) in a narrow formation.

Burnley cried out for a forward who could go in behind and into the little channels but also they had some big boys at the back so we weren’t winning much from balls delivered in the air ( Vydra sprung to mind tbh his sort of game ).

We need imo anyway a quick forward with some physical presence , who can do both sides of a forwards game ( sound easy - he’ll be cheap ? ).

Barnes couldn’t trap a bag of sand in the game but what he does have is the annoying presence centre backs don’t like , he’s standing on your feet sticking his head in your face and generally being a nuisance— really for us that’s not enough - but he will have a use in games to come.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Barnes was shocking 1st half but improved second and he’ll have a part to play for us I think , but watching them it was like Burnley in a Luton kit from the last few years ( but with added pace - something we didn’t have on the counter attack ).

Barnes couldn’t trap a bag of sand in the game but what he does have is the annoying presence centre backs don’t like , he’s standing on your feet sticking his head in your face and generally being a nuisance— really for us that’s not enough - but he will have a use in games to come.
    I did not see the last 25 minutes Army because my stream went awol without any explanation but from what I saw and in the Hudds game I dont think the quick passing style suits Barnes.He fell over the ball for our goal at Hudds and a couple of times on Saturday he could not control the quick paases that were aimed at him.He has been a real big player for us but it looks like he will be put out to graze if we get a suitable number 9 and Twine is fit again.He is still a nuisance to defences as always but he will not be scoring 15 + goals a season which is what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    However as a Burnley fan it was incredible to think we’re watching and asking why don’t they come out to play football instead of 10 men behind the ball ( ironic really ) in a narrow formation.

Burnley cried out for a forward who could go in behind and into the little channels but also they had some big boys at the back so we weren’t winning much from balls delivered in the air ( Vydra sprung to mind tbh his sort of game ).

We need imo anyway a quick forward with some physical presence , who can do both sides of a forwards game ( sound easy - he’ll be cheap ? ).

It was crying out for Twine to play between the Luton lines army88 but there were that many players on the Burnley bench I had not even realised he was unavailable through injury.

I was amazed (but should not have been I suppose) at the size of the Luton team, no wonder they are regarded as the division's "bully boys", but Ash gave as good as he got but sadly he looks out of place in "Project Kompany".

There's one aspect of Dwight's lacklustre performance I should have mentioned, he was being played on the right, where he looked like a fish out of water. No idea why Frank chose to do that, injuries causing selection problems possibly, but if they want to get the best out of him, he needs to swop wings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)