+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player ratings anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I would broadly agree with the ratings numbers wise TSANHO.
    I was suprised LW chose to play Taylor at RWB as he is so obviously one footed and it isn't his right one lol. I think LW was forced into it , through Nemane's ban and possibly an injury to TAR. In the end I thought Taylor adapted well, and ironically the change of wing enabled him to cut in and score his worldie.
    If we are going to use the keeper so much with ball at feet, I think we have to replace Slocombe, sadly.
    I cannot see us struggling for goals this season, and it is a wee bit early to say there is no attacking threat from the wing backs, given both right sided players were unavailable and we had our more defensively minded left sided WB playing, through circumstance.
    I felt we never had to get out of second gear really, so ratings could have been higher if forced to perform.
    I don’t get why Chickson couldn’t play CB, Taylor then LWB and Brinds RWB. More balanced. It’s not often you see a side with a problem of not having enough right footed players.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Taylor - A peach of a strike for the goal but otherwise was clumsy and one footed offering very little threat. No idea what we’ve got the most one sided player at the club plying on his weakest side. I’ll mark him up for his goal though - 6.5
    Taylor looked quite good on the extended highlights, so I presume he did nothing good for the rest of the match. And he put in at least one good right-footed cross, at 2:29 in the extended highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    Taylor looked quite good on the extended highlights, so I presume he did nothing good for the rest of the match. And he put in at least one good right-footed cross, at 2:29 in the extended highlights.
    Taylor saw a fair bit of the ball especially in the first half, but didn't do a lot with it. He didn't have a bad game, but he showed nothing to suggest that he is the solution to the right wing back problem.

I don't think anyone is thinking Taylor is the solution to the RWB position. Hopefully the solution was serving a ban, and I think TAR is going to need time.
    I think with Nemane unavailable for selection, it really unsettled us more than we realised, it took away so much pace down the flanks, and also Taylor's ability to put in the quality crosses he had been delivering in pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    I’m a bit biased to be honest, I’ve never been a fan of him. Apart from the occasional moment (his cross against Solihull at home last year and the goal on Saturday) I fail to see what he does. Even when he plays on the left he literally always just cuts inside and then passes the ball backwards. He looks like a quick lad but I’ve never ever seen him push the ball past someone and have a go at them.

I just don’t get him….we must all have players like that? I’m remember KC Notts really ‘disliking’ JOB!
    Last edited by TSANHO; 09-08-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Dropped because of the utter cringe in the team photoshoot video. /s

He better be **** hot because he looks like he'd eat himself if he was made out of chocolate.
    Weird post!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’m a bit biased to be honest, I’ve never been a fan of him. Apart from the occasional moment (his cross against Solihull at home last year and the goal on Saturday) I fail to see what he does. Even when he plays on the left he literally always just cuts inside and then passes the ball backwards. He looks like a quick lad but I’ve never ever seen him push the ball past someone and have a go at them.

I just don’t get him….we must all have players like that? I’m remember KC Notts really ‘disliking’ JOB!
    I like Taylor, I think he’s quick and has a great engine.
    I don’t think it was ever IB’s philosophy for players to run with the ball. A bit like Man City, you rarely see Grealish try to beat a player anymore. Taylor had a lot of possession in the final third from passing it and running on, the same as Richardson down the right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123