+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings anyone?

I would broadly agree with the ratings numbers wise TSANHO.
    I was suprised LW chose to play Taylor at RWB as he is so obviously one footed and it isn't his right one lol. I think LW was forced into it , through Nemane's ban and possibly an injury to TAR. In the end I thought Taylor adapted well, and ironically the change of wing enabled him to cut in and score his worldie.
    If we are going to use the keeper so much with ball at feet, I think we have to replace Slocombe, sadly.
    I cannot see us struggling for goals this season, and it is a wee bit early to say there is no attacking threat from the wing backs, given both right sided players were unavailable and we had our more defensively minded left sided WB playing, through circumstance.
    I felt we never had to get out of second gear really, so ratings could have been higher if forced to perform.

I'd give most players a solid 6.5, a 7 for Baldwin, Francis and JOB, and 7.5 for Langstaff. It wasn't a very exciting game, most of it was played in midfield and Maidenhead offered little in the way of attacking threat. We did what we had to do, and deserved the three points.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    We were playing a team with literally zero attacking intent at all, to be fair. That rarely makes for an exciting, open game.
    Exactly this.

You're not going to get much of an energetic performance when the opposition don't want to engage. Just no need to play at that high a tempo to win the match

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Thanks for the comments TSANHO, but you’ve missed Austin off. And I think Bajrami came on near the end (perhaps too late to give him a rating).
    Oh yeah! To be honest, didn’t think he offered much….probably why I forgot about him. He did press high with energy but he was largely anonymous too….6!

Quote Originally Posted by flukieireland View Post
    how did Sam Barratt play for them before being subbed? he was a brilliant player at NL level before his injury last year.
    I didn't know who he was but I said to my mate that their number 7 was rubbish and soon after he was booked and then subbed. He spent much of the time moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Slocombe - Very little to do but caught in possession once or twice and his long kicking rarely found a man - 6

Brindley - What we expect from him really. Composed and classy but has an easy afternoon alongside the other centre backs - 6.5

Baldwin - My pick of the back three and showed what we missed last year. Dominant and happy to bring the ball out of defence to start attacks. One moment got caught in a dangerous position but otherwise good - 7

Cameron - looked a bit ponderous to me but still showed what a good player he is like last year - 6.5

Taylor - A peach of a strike for the goal but otherwise was clumsy and one footed offering very little threat. No idea what we’ve got the most one sided player at the club plying on his weakest side. I’ll mark him up for his goal though - 6.5

Chicksen - Anonymous really. Very little to do in defence and offered no attacking threat - 6

Francis - Probably my MOTM. Much improved from last season and his positional sense, ball retention, aggressiveness and intelligence in covering the defence are all areas he has improved upon. Good on him - 7.5

O’Brien - Usual high energy and desire to play the ball forward. Good link up with Ruben and Langstaff for his first goal. Pressured Maidenhead well to compete and win the second balls with Francis - 6.5

Ruben - A bit rusty I felt but still the class of the field. Never looked like creating anything when he wasn’t involved. It was his work that paved the way for our first goal - 7

Langstaff - Two really well taken goals….though I can’t remember him doing much else? Not going to win much in the air but if he gets 30 goals who cares? - 7.5

Subs

Palmer - Class but only had 30 minutes when the game was already won - 6.5

Scott - The team had decided to just see the game out when he came on so had very little service but looked like a more physical presence up front. Only had 20 odd minutes - 6

It was a comfortable performance all round really but I can’t help but feel we are going to struggle for goals this year, especially with no attacking threat from the wing backs. We created 4-5 opportunities against really weak opposition. We basically played with 6/7 defensive players and it showed in the performance….a bit like southgates England team.
    Would have to say these ratings would be pretty much be mine too.

Just popping in with this talk about Taylor on the right...

I thought we signed a RB ? Double barreled name, what's happened to him?

Tobi Adebayo-Rowling, that's the chap.Is he injured or does he not make the squad?

Thanks for the ratings chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Tobi Adebayo-Rowling, that's the chap.Is he injured or does he not make the squad?
    Dropped because of the utter cringe in the team photoshoot video. /s

He better be **** hot because he looks like he'd eat himself if he was made out of chocolate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast