+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Alkmaar (A)

The players will always tell you story from the stands is a huge help to them. I'd imagine abuse has the similar opposite affect. ☹️

AZ 4-0 winners tonight against the Portuguese mob. Obviously not a big a score as ours but still a thrashing and biggest win of the night. They are a very good team we beat at home. As much as we cant forget our disaster we should also not forget what we did in the 1st leg.

I think the timing of the howler to make it three is why we ended up getting a total doing, think we were probably going to end up losing by 3-4 even if the keeper and defence were playing reasonably well

We shouldn't just forget we did beat them at home with a cleansheet, livi and hearts got us at a great time for them, they won't have it as easy next time we play either, in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I think the timing of the howler to make it three is why we ended up getting a total doing, think we were probably going to end up losing by 3-4 even if the keeper and defence were playing reasonably well

We shouldn't just forget we did beat them at home with a cleansheet, livi and hearts got us at a great time for them, they won't have it as easy next time we play either, in my opinion
    I think the unfortunate 2nd played a part as well. It seemed from that point errors started happening, which then led to corner and the 3rd.

AZ are a good team, but it was a collective arse collapse and them being clinical which just kept making it worse and worse. There are so many other scenarios that could have played out. I honestly think if Harkes effort goes in then we might still have lost but it wouldnt have been anything like the score line.

TBH, i might be odd one out here but the Livi result was the most worrying of the 3 for me. the AZ result could happen to anyone and Hearts was always gonna be brutal after that. The livi game was just an absolute disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    I think the unfortunate 2nd played a part as well. It seemed from that point errors started happening, which then led to corner and the 3rd.

AZ are a good team, but it was a collective arse collapse and them being clinical which just kept making it worse and worse. There are so many other scenarios that could have played out. I honestly think if Harkes effort goes in then we might still have lost but it wouldnt have been anything like the score line.

TBH, i might be odd one out here but the Livi result was the most worrying of the 3 for me. the AZ result could happen to anyone and Hearts was always gonna be brutal after that. The livi game was just an absolute disgrace
    I think the Livy game we were just flat, as was the crowd, after the high octane AZ game. Hearts we were still shellshocked and vulnerable and it was always going to be a tricky fixture after Europe. How we perform against St Mirren is going to tell us much more about where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    AZ 4-0 winners tonight against the Portuguese mob. Obviously not a big a score as ours but still a thrashing and biggest win of the night. They are a very good team we beat at home. As much as we cant forget our disaster we should also not forget what we did in the 1st leg.
    We shouldn't, but it's hard not to after the 2nd leg. It's so disappointing as the first leg was one of the highlights of recent times supporting Utd. Everything from the build up, the march, seeing three stands totally rammed, the amazing atmosphere and of course, the victory. It was a really special night.

The first half was a struggle because the Portuguese came here to frustrate, but second half AZ stepped up a gear and the play was sometimes magical. I hope they play like this all season could be an interesting one. Here are the goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMRUmexW4f8

Quote Originally Posted by zeek View Post
    The first half was a struggle because the Portuguese came here to frustrate, but second half AZ stepped up a gear and the play was sometimes magical. I hope they play like this all season could be an interesting one. Here are the goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMRUmexW4f8
    They have got to be the luckiest team in Europe. Every breakdown in play they are lucky to capitalise on. Every flick, trick etc , comes aff. Every deflection falls their way. Every shot ends up in the back oh the net no matter how hard it is... jammy bastirdz...

Then again.....to be fair.... thir "no bad"

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    They have got to be the luckiest team in Europe. Every breakdown in play they are lucky to capitalise on. Every flick, trick etc , comes aff. Every deflection falls their way. Every shot ends up in the back oh the net no matter how hard it is... jammy bastirdz...

Then again.....to be fair.... thir "no bad"
    ha ha ha jammy indeed LOL

Right back looks like a right winger in those clips. Be interesting to watch their progress over the season, obviously hard to judge them against us, but they seem to have a lot of movement and threats in final third, haven’t really seen their defence tested. Then again maybe these games aren’t thought of as serious tests for them.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)