+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alkmaar (A)

Alkmaar (A)

Thought a thread for Arabs going over might be helpful.

Doing the Newcastle -Amsterdam ferry which still has places. Leave Wednesday teatime and arrive back Saturday morning. £800 return for a cabin of 4 foot passengers.
    Obviously you still need to take into account petrol and parking.

These cabins must be tiny if they can only accomodate passengers who are 4 feet.

Good way to go Sugar, ferrys are fun.

Just goes to show that no matter how many times you check things for typos there is always one that spots it! 😉

Spoke to somebody in Fleetwood that had done the Newcastle ferry and said it is just mental, should be fun.

Thursday is massive for the club, we all know it. Financially another home tie and the possibility of progression to the group stages. From a football perspective it would be a big big confidence boost.

The odds are against us again and that might be a good thing. But we can't expect to park the bus for 90 minutes and progress so the likelihood is we'll need to score at some point.

We're going to need some pace to get in behind them. If not from Middleton then from Freeman and Behich if available. We'll need to chase, close down and deny space just as we did in the first leg and I expect Harkes will come back in, he's good at that. We have to be better at turnover of possession, we have to keep the ball better and look to get them running back towards their goal because it was obvious last week it makes them very uncomfortable.

1-0 is a narrow lead but if somehow we scored first........

Birighitti
    Freeman Edwards Mulgrew Behich/Niskanen
    Middleton Levitt Sibbald Harkes
    Fletcher Watt

Wouldn't surprise me if Ross starts a 451 though.

Just can’t see them not scoring at some point over both games, maybe our best chance is to nick a goal in a 1-2 and take it to pens.

AZ beat Go Ahead Eagles 2-0 at home in the league yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Just can’t see them not scoring at some point over both games, maybe our best chance is to nick a goal in a 1-2 and take it to pens.
    Your post made me think about how Luggy gathered the ball on the left at the Nou Camp, did their right back and sent in a sublime cross for Iain Ferguson to head United to victory.

We can do this in 90 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Your post made me think about how Luggy gathered the ball on the left at the Nou Camp, did their right back and sent in a sublime cross for Iain Ferguson to head United to victory.

We can do this in 90 ��
    Yup, AZ are not Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    If they score in the first 30 minutes I don't fancy us, but if it's still 0-0 at 30 minutes they're going to start committing more players forward in search of the equaliser. Our best chance is to hit them on the break and get a second.

Please no to extra time or pens, we've got Hertz away on Sunday 😎

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

We can do this in 90 ��
    Totally agree Stoke. I predict 1-1 (Fletcher to get his first goal for us).

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)