+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Controversial Opinion

MarcusCole is an anagram of MoronicRed

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Having just seen the 3 goals that's all we need to do. The first one we cut them to ribbons and a great finish. The second Langstaff still had plenty to do and did exactly what Wootton could never do. The third a screamer. That's good enough for me. Next!
    They are a lovely trio of goals, all very different. Team goal/nice move for the first, a mainly solo effort and a proper strikers goal for the second, and a long range worldy to finish.

Beautiful, wish I'd been there to see them in person.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-08-2022 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Bloody hell....I left the ground on Saturday buzzing with the feeling of optimism for the new season....Langstaff looks a real find,Baldwin,apart from a couple of errors,shows how good an acquisition he'll be,Francis read the game so well and JOB produced touches of class for the hour he was on....and then we have our POS coming back looking as sharp as last year and Scott who looks a handful!
    The football,to me,seemed to be more positive and incisive than last year....or is it my rose tinted goggles/glasses?....now having read this post I feel confused....is this a deliberate ploy to save us from our annual expectations thinking that we are going to walk the league?

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    Bloody hell....I left the ground on Saturday buzzing with the feeling of optimism for the new season....Langstaff looks a real find,Baldwin,apart from a couple of errors,shows how good an acquisition he'll be,Francis read the game so well and JOB produced touches of class for the hour he was on....and then we have our POS coming back looking as sharp as last year and Scott who looks a handful!
    The football,to me,seemed to be more positive and incisive than last year....or is it my rose tinted goggles/glasses?....now having read this post I feel confused....is this a deliberate ploy to save us from our annual expectations thinking that we are going to walk the league?
    😂 when you put it like that, yes it was a successful day! I was one guilty of feeling rather underwhelmed, maybe just because it really wasn’t very exciting and at the lack of the abundance of chances we created. But like another poster pointed out, Man City did exactly the same against West Ham on Sunday.

We did what we had to do and that’s it I guess. Another 29 or so of them and none of us will give one jot how we did it….worked ok for Arsenal!

I think that’s it really. It was neither dire no worldly.

It got the job done professionally.

On that result we should should be a contender. On that performance we’ll need to improve against better teams and away from home to make that a reality.

As sone have said, you can only beat the team you are playing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345