+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dike

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Put him on the long list of duds we have signed.
    You are correct of course and the fact that he played so well for Barnsley shows he can play but looks now like a dud.
    Any chance we had a written clause about not playing after a year, we can have our money back?
    N0. Didn't think so....

As soon as the cold weather comes around Phillips will be back in the treatment room too! Another complete waste of space!

Who agrees these deals/extended contracts? A deluded blind man of 90 with a death wish?

Not enough due diligence is done on player’s character and background work done on them.

I’d stick a private eye on a player for a few weeks before any signing just to check on lifestyle for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Not enough due diligence is done on player’s character and background work done on them.

I’d stick a private eye on a player for a few weeks before any signing just to check on lifestyle for starters.
    I've just returned from a grueling days work with mask and PPE, to this story.
    It makes my blood boil that in this day and age that this kind of contract goes on. Surely the club has to do better due diligence then it has been doing?
    I am sure he is genuine but come on 22?????
    FFS, I played football with all kinds of injuries and here I am nearly half century later still pushing the body with running and cycling....as Mick posted above..dud looks like, sadly for all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Not just lifestyle though is it - players like Astle and Robson even liked a pint on match days but they didn’t have numerous injuries. They also played far more matches!

I call it weakness of mind with many of todays folk - work shy - weak in body and mind! Too many people now are weak minded - medication for the slightest thing - jabs for flu/Covid and a jab for a jabs sake!

A fit and healthy guy never had flu jabs years ago or was pampered for f uck sake! My late father had all the windows open for fresh air and we were never ill - if you were cold you were told to put another jumper on!

How many 22 year olds had so many injuries in the 60’s/70’s? Pathetic the folk of today and they need a good shake!

Even the drain on GP’S were the same hypochondriacs week in week out!

We need contracts to incorporate games fit v games unfit and pay distributed accordingly! Zohorse if he was a horse would be put down!!

I can't get my head around it. He's already been out for half a season, and now this. What is going on?

To strike a balance, I believe he was pushing for inclusion on the USA team for world cup.
    That's gone.
    But so far it has been another disaster of a signing.

Al'. Bryan Robson didn't have numerous injuries? Seriously? He broke his left leg with us, re broke it in his come back game and later on he broke his right ankle.

When he was at United he tore ankle ligaments and his hamstring before dislocating his shoulder impacting both his club and international appearances.

The bloke had a fantastic career and a wonderful work ethic but to pretend he was hardly ever injured is a real stretch of the imagination. We'll have to start calling you Stretch Armstrong at this rate 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Al'. Bryan Robson didn't have numerous injuries? Seriously? He broke his left leg with us, re broke it in his come back game and later on he broke his right ankle.

When he was at United he tore ankle ligaments and his hamstring before dislocating his shoulder impacting both his club and international appearances.

The bloke had a fantastic career and a wonderful work ethic but to pretend he was hardly ever injured is a real stretch of the imagination. We'll have to start calling you Stretch Armstrong at this rate 😊 .
    Robson “broke his leg” three times in one season when he was around 16 or 17 I think it was 68.

The club then lead him into a lifelong drinking addiction by insisting he drank Guinness by the bucketful to “build himself up”........you can always rely on our medical team to offer ground breaking treatment, Dike has been told to visit McDonalds three times a day to up his iron intake!

Robbo then had a lot of shoulder injuries in his late 20’s and kept dislocating it and if I remember correctly it resulted in him pretty much missing most of the 86 World Cup.

So you are correct that he did suffer injuries but I think these were more in his youthful ****age years and towards the back end, I may be wrong?

Comparison between Robson and Dike are probably best avoided by all of us, a serial winner who ran through brick walls and a bloke who pulls muscles opening his wage slip or texting aren’t even in the same universe.

Whatever anyone thinks of Dike I'm still not having Bryan Robson was hardly ever injured.

I think Dike's 22 and a young bloke himself all be it a very muscular one, for scale although slightly shorter than Haaland I've read somewhere he's 12 kilos heavier.

You're right about Robson running through brick walls for the cause, he was the footballing equivalent of Monty Python's Black Knight and as such he had injuries throughout his career.

Might not have got injured so much if he'd taken the long way around some of those walls mind 😊 .

And from memory the club prescribed one pint of Guinness per day with a raw egg and a blob of Worcestershire Sauce. Any later addiction to alcohol came about via player culture of the time allied to Bryan Robson himself.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)