+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article in mail on sunday

Article in mail on sunday

Re women's fitba.

Journalist contacted 2 Scottish international players to see if they would give him an opinion of the impact on the Scottish women's game on England winning euros.

The first took umbridge at being asked directly and referred him to her agent

The 2nd one got her agent to ask what the "disturbance fee " would be for her opinion.

It's not about the money though. 😂 It's aboot being role models ...apparently.

Would not be surprised if the Euro win for the English Lionesses has as much impact on English football as the 1966 World Cup win.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Would not be surprised if the Euro win for the English Lionesses has as much impact on English football as the 1966 World Cup win.
    There has to be a realization at some point that the acheivement of their women winning the Euros doesn't even register in the wider scheme of professional football - brilliant by them for doing it but it's been done at a level and that level has to be acknowledged and not displayed on the same stage as the senior men's game.

The media hype has eased slightly with the English successes at the Commonwealth Games and I think once the proper football, and particularly the World Cup, get going that realization will strike home.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    There has to be a realization at some point that the acheivement of their women winning the Euros doesn't even register in the wider scheme of professional football - brilliant by them for doing it but it's been done at a level and that level has to be acknowledged and not displayed on the same stage as the senior men's game.

The media hype has eased slightly with the English successes at the Commonwealth Games and I think once the proper football, and particularly the World Cup, get going that realization will strike home.
    The journalist in question has been a long time supporter of women's game I think he was fairly dumbfounded re agents and disturbance fees for basically a quote.

And imho asking Scottish players who play their " trade" at Gussie or wherever is like asking the wee lassie that works behind the counter at boots about the "war on drugs".....same all park subject but the relevance 🙄 like asking me about greatest living dabs, jdfc about gpo short comings or Islay about islays community councils greatest leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    The journalist in question has been a long time supporter of women's game I think he was fairly dumbfounded re agents and disturbance fees for basically a quote.

And imho asking Scottish players who play their " trade" at Gussie or wherever is like asking the wee lassie that works behind the counter at boots about the "war on drugs".....same all park subject but the relevance �� like asking me about greatest living dabs, jdfc about gpo short comings or Islay about islays community councils greatest leaders.
    Levels.

Maybe related to Boris' levelling up farce?

Levels.

Maybe related to Boris' levelling up farce?
    Possibly. 😄

Another thing I noticed is that wifeys are now in the windows at Ladbrokes and Willie hills .........now I don't mind that per se but thought the woman's game was whiter than white......no swearing, no simulation, no endorsing products that ain't family friendly.....hypocrisy just wynds me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

And imho asking Scottish players who play their " trade" at Gussie or wherever is like asking the wee lassie that works behind the counter at boots about the "war on drugs".....same all park subject but the relevance �� like asking me about greatest living dabs, jdfc about gpo short comings or Islay about islays community councils greatest leaders.
    This is typical of things nowadays.
    People are looking for a handout for giving a short reply to a question. I could understand them asking for a fee for a full page article regarding their views about women’s football and how they think that it will grow but to expect a fee for a simple answer to a question is in my opinion ridiculous and is just greed.
    It is also disappointing that the cancer of football agents has infiltrated woman's football as these agents have already sucked money out of the mens professional football game and now they will probably do likewise in the women’s professional football game.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    People are looking for a handout for giving a short reply to a question. I could understand them asking for a fee for a full page article regarding their views about women’s football and how they think that it will grow but to expect a fee for a simple answer to a question is in my opinion ridiculous and is just greed.
    It is also disappointing that the cancer of football agents has infiltrated woman's football as these agents have already sucked money out of the mens professional football game and now they will probably do likewise in the women’s professional football game.
    Need someone to negotiate a fee for appearances on good morning, strictly and I'm a celebrity.

All about the riches.🙄

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Give me £20 and I'll tell you what I think about the subject

Give me £20 and I'll tell you what I think about the subject
    I'd give you nothing. You don't qualify in any way as a suitable expert on ladies football.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)