+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ..... and Grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Agreed. But you don't throw everyone on at once. The likes of Finney C and Tabiner should be tried alongside a strong team rather than in a weak team. They don't achieve as much in a struggling team than a team that can offer encouragement and support.
    As things stand, 5 out of the 7 changes have been reversed.

AM no idiot he will see tonight that we have no strength in depth most of the first year pros should be out on loan and not in the first team in any game. And Griffiths and Finney I don’t rate at all. I am glad that this has been highlighted early in the season and before the window closes.

Agree with everything you have said gazan....AM should have played the same team as last Sat at least for the first half and that beats training at RH in the next couple of days. The downside is obvious that a big defeat puts negative aspects back to the team and we'll see what happens in the next couple of games. Its a modern trend to put out your worst side in non league games. OK its going way back but when we played Spurs at Gresty Road on 1960 they played all their very best players. Not just that. Its not fair on the fans that are paying a lot to watch them and pay for all their travel as well.

Bad bad decision by AM imho....The GK will lose some confidence too..

Seems like we have THREE managers with AM, LB and KL....

Get rid of two and sign better players....I sse they are still advertising for jobs in the academy....Lost the plot imo!

I'm still listening to RS but not sure why as there are now regular long silences. It's f***ing RADIO! Commentate for God's sake!

He has probably been rendered speechless by some of the utter **** on display

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    He has probably been rendered speechless by some of the utter **** on display
    BBC stats show we had ZERO shots on goal over 90 odd minutes..

We need an academy to show them what the whole basis of football is or do we? 90 mins and not one shot on goal?

If I were Chairman I would sack the bloody lot and start again....

Agreed. But you don't throw everyone on at once. The likes of Finney C and Tabiner should be tried alongside a strong team rather than in a weak team. They don't achieve as much in a struggling team than a team that can offer encouragement and support.
    As things stand, 5 out of the 7 changes have been reversed.
    I know not 1 bad game does a poor season make but he has to learn lessons tonight and get some of the poor players out by either transfers or loans and get some more quality in.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    BBC stats show we had ZERO shots on goal over 90 odd minutes..

We need an academy to show them what the whole basis of football is or do we? 90 mins and not one shot on goal?

If I were Chairman I would sack the bloody lot and start again....
    No, they show we had 10 shots, but zero on target.

I do think AM made an error tonight. I have always been a supporter of introducing young talent and I have nothing against the introduction of Tabiner and/or C Finney. The issue is whether they should be introduced alongside O Finney, Griffiths and the not yet established Leshabela. Consider also that Finney snr can actually be a liability (like tonight) or at best, just missing. That is not an environment into which you blood new talent. It could damage them.

AM put out a team to LOSE this match and they should advise fans not to travel that distance the day before and not one hour before a game as they do now. Of course he would argue different and say league matches are more important. I don't agree and the manager should put out the very best team he can for all matches. He didn't and Crewe fans were put to the sword as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    AM put out a team to LOSE this match and they should advise fans not to travel that distance the day before and not one hour before a game as they do now. Of course he would argue different and say league matches are more important. I don't agree and the manager should put out the very best team he can for all matches. He didn't and Crewe fans were put to the sword as well.
    AM did not put out a team to lose the match no manager does that, however he has faith in some players which most people on this forum do not. Griffiths and Finney should be got rid of and most of the first year pros sent out on season long loans and then probably recruit 4 or 5 more quality players before end of the month. If we lose some of his league starting 11 to injury then we will start losing games as the back up players are not good enough ( and the first years pros not ready yet on the whole with a couple of exceptions)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast