+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ..... and Grimsby

..... and Grimsby

Will be interesting to see what team AM picks for this one ...

Regardless of line-up I am going for a 1-1 draw.

I was thinking the same but I don't think there are any replays so...have we got a group of good penalty takers?

Grimsby are seriously asking £20 per adult (£22 on the gate) for a 1st round league cup tie??

Maybe a really long penalty shoot will make it worthwhile they think?

Okwokwo: Mellor; McDonald; Offord; Finney (jnr). Tabiner; Colkett. Griffiths; Leshabela; Finney.(O) CBR.
    Too many changes for my liking. Full sub bench but should have started with a stronger team.
    I don't about Grimsby's team, perhaps theirs is equally weak.

Only 10 mins and I'm already shouting at McGarry on the radio. Twice he's talked about an action where he's not referred to the players involved. He has to remember we can't see what is happening and he's commentating on the RADIO!😡

2-0 down after 35 mins. Two free kicks. Sounds like there's no dynamism to the team. AM's first mistake maybe, choosing such a weakened team.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    2-0 down after 35 mins. Two free kicks. Sounds like there's no dynamism to the team. AM's first mistake maybe, choosing such a weakened team.
    Easy to say it is a mistake, but these players have to be given game time. It is the only way we know where they are at with their progress. And by the sound of it they are not doing themselves any favours. I would rather we risk them in this than in a league game.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Easy to say it is a mistake, but these players have to be given game time. It is the only way we know where they are at with their progress. And by the sound of it they are not doing themselves any favours. I would rather we risk them in this than in a league game.

We are clearly still short as the first year pro players are a long way off still time for AM to get 3 or 4 more in before end of window best get a move on.

Agreed. But you don't throw everyone on at once. The likes of Finney C and Tabiner should be tried alongside a strong team rather than in a weak team. They don't achieve as much in a struggling team than a team that can offer encouragement and support.
    As things stand, 5 out of the 7 changes have been reversed.

I'm still listening to RS but not sure why as there are now regular long silences. It's f***ing RADIO! Commentate for God's sake!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast