+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Mansfield v Rams

Matchday Thread: Mansfield v Rams

Games will come thick and fast in League 1, here we go again.

Any opinions?

Anyone going?

Games may come ‘thick and fast in League 1’, but Mansfield are in League 2 and this is an EFL Cup match which we should win but probably won’t.

Feel uncomfortable about this one. Love to win and regain some momentum but it’s exactly the sort of match - ‘little’ Mansfield against the local ‘sleeping giants’ - that we seem to struggle with.
    Not optimistic but, given a choice, Saturday against Barnsley is far more important.

No.

ah, another rematch with Clough N. I smell defeat in a match noone gives a **** about?

On the one hand it's a competition we aren't going to win, however, every game in the Milk Cup ( ) is more game time for the fringe players.

Considering we're 2 to 3 weeks behind everybody else in our preparation, the extra game time is more than welcome and needed.

1-0.

Lets see if Rosenier throws out his 2nd 11 including a load of kids (if our squad's big enough to do that!).
    2-1 loss

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Games may come ‘thick and fast in League 1’, but Mansfield are in League 2 and this is an EFL Cup match which we should win but probably won’t.

Feel uncomfortable about this one. Love to win and regain some momentum but it’s exactly the sort of match - ‘little’ Mansfield against the local ‘sleeping giants’ - that we seem to struggle with.
    Not optimistic but, given a choice, Saturday against Barnsley is far more important.

No.
    A bit harsh rA, AF is never wrong as he tells me repeatedly!

I'll go for a crafty 1-0, assume it will be an opportunity to give some of the fringe players an outing?

A crafty 1-0 to whom?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    A crafty 1-0 to whom?
    Ah you spotted my adoption of the Faber method, this enables me to claim "I was right" whatever the outcome!

1-0 to the Rams as you ahve blown my cover!

don't worry, it will probably be the only thing you'll get blown today

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    don't worry, it will probably be the only thing you'll get blown today
    I can assure you that nothing posted here worries me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)