+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC Commonwealth coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I knew you were going to say that so stressed the first B.

Must be great to be so predictable. You're due me a pint for that or I'll read your mind again and tell people exactly what you're thinking...................oh wait.
    Think I cud win rear of the rear em such a smart ass but then again that shud be appreciated by Pravdas resident smart ass 😄

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Pat Kane doesn't think Flower of Scotland is appropriate.
    Writer and singer Pat Kane also backs the work of Robert Burns. He said: 'I hate "Flower of Scotland" -*it's martial, mournful, aggressive and anti-English. I would much prefer that the Scottish national anthem was Burns's 'A Man's A Man For 'a That'.13 Apr 2003
    I hate Burns, his poetry, his songs, his history and the fact that we're all expected to laud his work.

Hated being told by primary school teachers that I had to talk 'properly' in the class all year then being told to put on this faux Scottish accent every year when Burns' night came around because it suited them. Then forced to stand in front of the class at high school and sing an absolutely awful song about some river that I'd never even heard of because they needed monkeys to perform at some singing contest in Caird Hall. Unfortunately I just couldn't make it on the day and got the belt from Fyffee for showing him up - by the way, Fyffee's belt was the only one at Kirkton that hurt.

Writer and singer Pat Kane also backs the work of Robert Burns. He said: 'I hate "Flower of Scotland" -*it's martial, mournful, aggressive and anti-English. I would much prefer that the Scottish national anthem was Burns's 'A Man's A Man For 'a That'.13 Apr 2003
    You’d never get with that now , a man’s a man would be classed as ***ist in todays world

The C stands for Chunts

Aaaaaaannnnnndddd.................. who on my green Earth is Pat Kane and what qualifies him or her to tell Scotland what should be adopted as its National Anthem?

Does Pat Kane realise that God Save The Queen is anti Scottish? 'Lord grant that Marshal Wade, May by thy mighty aid, Victory bring. May he sedition hush, And like a torrent rush, Rebellious Scots to crush, God Save the King' sounds very anti Scottish to me - but then we should probably just ignore that I suppose because Pat Kane doesn't acknowledge it.

Sorry BC, just read that last post of mine back and it reads like I'm having a go at you - that's not the intent. Apologies for that but I want it to stay as it is. Genuinely no idea who Pat Kane is.

Don't worry Deeranged. Pat Kane part of Hue and Cry and we'll known luvvie. Just thought his 2003 comment was interesting and in particular his A man's a man for a' that choice might be controversial, as nom1adi picked up on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)