+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That case in fife

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'd recommend the Mr Peter Hitchens book.....drugs...the war we never fought.

Very detailed.

Maybe someone could recommend a book for me on the other side of the debate.
    If i could find it,my dissertation on the treatment of heroine addicts was top qualitystuff......

It's the opposite of authoritarian, it's a structured ordered society.
    You could say you wanted a structured ordered society where everyone was a boy on even days and a girl on odd days and on 29th February you could choose which you wanted to be. 😇

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    If i could find it,my dissertation on the treatment of heroine addicts was top qualitystuff......
    I'm sure it's balanced and fair😉

Why does nobody ever do a dissertation on the treatment of law abiding citizens?

Anyway I digress.......pity I couldn't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    You could say you wanted a structured ordered society where everyone was a boy on even days and a girl on odd days and on 29th February you could choose which you wanted to be. 😇
    That's the way it is now .....just choose ....then sue NHS when your life in a frock isnae as you imagined.

Anyway in the middle of a game of monopoly which I'm now losing......leave it for now.

Was in chemist today for a tuba grip bandage was perusing the different sizes and who was getting my £1.80 to £2.49....choices choices.

In that time 3 addicts in almost treated with reverence by chemist (they do make them a very guid salary), 1 complained they had to wait, went outside after "treatment" got into taxi which I presume had meter running, 1 came in clearly struggling to put one foot in front of another and went away still struggling to walk forward instead of sideways....gave up and slumped in bus stop ootside chemist (still there when I left) and another a lassie came in ok, came out of room and jumped to front of the queue for other services.

Now you do get self entitled well aff *******s, clearly had too much and ignorant ****s in real life it just much more prevalent in the "drug taking community"

Spent £1.95 btw ....middle ground.😄
    Chemist shops are well paid handing out the daily methadone drink to drug addicts.
    In 2006 I was a member of an Islay GC team playing a team of golfers from Kilmacolm GC.
    The golfer from Kilmacolm GC playing against me told me that he owned a chemist shop and he received £10,000 per year handing out methadone daily to drug addicts.
    Goodness knows what they get now for dispensing this daily handout but it must be substantial otherwise they would not do it.
    All paid for by the Barnett Formula which this year is £41 billion.
    I am interested to know how an independent Scotland is going to replace this loss of the Barnett Formula. They will have to use creative accounting or go to the IMF for a loan.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 09-08-2022 at 07:42 PM.

I'm sure it's balanced and fair😉

Why does nobody ever do a dissertation on the treatment of law abiding citizens?

Anyway I digress.......pity I couldn't read it.
    It was. But that's because it only compared the treatments,and how effective they were. I tried speaking to a few who were on methadone,but was a waste of time. The ones who were clean were super happy with the programme but I had nothing to compare them with.

The other treatments had email interviews,which were no good either,I suspect the subjects were hand picked.

BTW, methadone came last on success rates,by quite a long way. I believe it was in single figures,while others were above 70%

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Chemist shops are well paid handing out the daily methadone drink to drug addicts.
    In 2006 I was a member of an Islay GC team playing a team of golfers from Kilmacolm GC.
    The golfer from Kilmacolm GC playing against me told me that he owned a chemist shop and he received £10,000 per year handing out methadone daily to drug addicts.
    Goodness knows what they get now for dispensing this daily handout but it must be substantial otherwise they would not do it.
    All paid for by the Barnett Formula which this year is £41 billion.
    I am interested to know how an independent Scotland is going to replace this loss of the Barnett Formula. They will have to use creative accounting or go to the IMF for a loan.
    You any idea how much the tories have borrowed? How much they have paid back? The UK is not far away from bankrupt, so how would independence be worse if we don't have to subsidise England anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    You any idea how much the tories have borrowed? How much they have paid back? The UK is not far away from bankrupt, so how would independence be worse if we don't have to subsidise England anymore?
    Do you really think this is a possible outcome if there is a vote for independence? For me I think any divorce costs money and the division of assets and liabilities is never what either side thins it should be. If we had to take on 10% of the National debt that seems a pro rata way of dividing the debt. There may be a different way of calculating the split but I really don't think that there is any chance of Scotland avoiding a share of the National debt. Sorry this topic has cropped up because this thread was doing quite well imo discussing drugs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)