+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No more 5 o'clock football results

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Too true! They've got it in for us footy fans of teams outside the Premiership. I know they get the biggest crowds but there are 20 teams in the Premiership and 72 in the EFL. And we're all fanatical about our local team, desperate for news and coverage. The newspapers are going the same way. Our paper has a Monday supplement called Goal which used to cover all divisions pretty well but now you might as well change the name to Premiership. You get about half a page covering the EFL and 15 pages covering the Premiership. I dread the EFL one day just being populated with the second and third strings of Premiership teams.
    Why buy the paper then? I think Sheffield Wednesday fans have the same issue when the buy the Rotherham Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Too true! They've got it in for us footy fans of teams outside the Premiership. I know they get the biggest crowds but there are 20 teams in the Premiership and 72 in the EFL. And we're all fanatical about our local team, desperate for news and coverage. The newspapers are going the same way. Our paper has a Monday supplement called Goal which used to cover all divisions pretty well but now you might as well change the name to Premiership. You get about half a page covering the EFL and 15 pages covering the Premiership. I dread the EFL one day just being populated with the second and third strings of Premiership teams.
    And remember “ Match of the Day” is really “ Premiership Match of the Day”

And still paying Lineker millions

Crewe Alexandra 1. ROTHERHAM UNITED 8.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Why buy the paper then? I think Sheffield Wednesday fans have the same issue when the buy the Rotherham Advertiser
    Believe it or not, we do not buy said national daily newspaper just for the Monday football supplement - there's the cricket as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Being dropped in the name of progress

Something we all grew up with, the reading of the classified football results on the radio

No more Forfar 5 East Fife 4 and other gems
    seen as nobody else as picked up on it Grist....East Fife 5. Forfar 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    seen as nobody else as picked up on it Grist....East Fife 5. Forfar 4.
    You're both wrong, the original joke was East Fife 4 Forfar 5 but Grist's version still works.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I just speaking in general terms……..of course you wouldn’t have seen results in dixons as bloody store manager would have turned tv”s off out of spite..������
    I use to flick them o'er to Channel 4 horse racing about 4.45pm

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    You're both wrong, the original joke was East Fife 4 Forfar 5 but Grist's version still works.
    Sheffield Wednesday 2 Everton 3 in the cup final was a better joke

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday 2 Everton 3 in the cup final was a better joke
    But probably didn't get the 'glory' of being read out at 5pm due to it being one of only two games that day. The pools had probably already switched over to the dreaded Australian matches by the time that game was played.

As an aside, the 'Dick' offence takers would have had palpitations with that Everton team containing Labone and Trebilcock

You could’ve told me that these had stopped ten years ago and I’d have been non the wiser.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast