+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ....and Salfored

....and Salfored

Only 216 bloody seats for Salford and they've all gone! (+250 standing). The Alex have apparently requested more but have been told there are no more available. Now, if Salford sold out every game, that would be okay but as they sometimes don't even manage 50% it's ridiculous!
    Anyway we've now got standing tickets - not ideal as my partner has arthritic knees.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Only 216 bloody seats for Salford and they've all gone! (+250 standing). The Alex have apparently requested more but have been told there are no more available. Now, if Salford sold out every game, that would be okay but as they sometimes don't even manage 50% it's ridiculous!
    Anyway we've now got standing tickets - not ideal as my partner has arthritic knees.
    Try getting tickets for Salford as opposed to the lesser known Salfored

🙂😆

My first prediction is that I think we will have a different starting XI from the one on Tuesday at Grimsby 😲

My second prediction is that we will get back to winning ways, going for 2-1 👍

The Yorkshire Post 'supercomputer' predicts that Salford will run away with the title, this season. It also predicts we'll come 8th(!)
    So, with early season optimism blown out of the water at Grimsby, I feel it is unlikely we'll win. Am going for 3-2 defeat.
    I would suggest that we need to score first.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    The Yorkshire Post 'supercomputer' predicts that Salford will run away with the title, this season. It also predicts we'll come 8th(!)
    So, with early season optimism blown out of the water at Grimsby, I feel it is unlikely we'll win. Am going for 3-2 defeat.
    I would suggest that we need to score first.
    I do think the manager played absolutely the wrong team at Grimsby and presume it was down to lack of experience as you do not change a winning team like that when it was an evening match and would have been great for fitness and training and far better than three days walking around at RH...Its why in the old days that would not have been done but almost all clubs do that nowadays.

So we have THREE manager/coaches all being paid good money that could have been spent on what the team is therefore ie players and not coaching kids at RH.... What IS the role of Kenny Lunt that the manager and Asst Manager could not do or as seems the team is now being run by a committee...Back to doom and gloom and that defeat on Wednesday was avoidable...Will he sack most of them as not suitable for D2 football? Grimsby or was it ManC?

We will be lucky to draw this match 2-2..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I do think the manager played absolutely the wrong team at Grimsby and presume it was down to lack of experience as you do not change a winning team like that when it was an evening match and would have been great for fitness and training and far better than three days walking around at RH...Its why in the old days that would not have been done but almost all clubs do that nowadays.

So we have THREE manager/coaches all being paid good money that could have been spent on what the team is therefore ie players and not coaching kids at RH.... What IS the role of Kenny Lunt that the manager and Asst Manager could not do or as seems the team is now being run by a committee...Back to doom and gloom and that defeat on Wednesday was avoidable...Will he sack most of them as not suitable for D2 football? Grimsby or was it ManC?

We will be lucky to draw this match 2-2..

I think the manager wanted to have a look at his fringe players on Tuesday and he probably found out that some are not ready and some are no good in hindsight he probably did get it wrong but at some point he would be criticised for not playing some of them AM can’t really win, however he needs to now act on what he saw and get replacements in.

Sorry we have hijacked the prediction thread so I will predict a 3-0 loss on Saturday I suspect confidence will have take a huge dent especially in the defensive ranks including the GK.

A 2-1 loss for me I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I think the manager wanted to have a look at his fringe players on Tuesday and he probably found out that some are not ready ...
    Remember David Vaughan making his debut (?) against Blackburn Rovers.
    He did okay, but DG realised that he wasn't ready, and withdrew him at half-time.

Think part of the problem is the step-up from Under 21/23 to the First team. Will be interesting to see how Connor O'Riordan gets on North of the Border.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Remember David Vaughan making his debut (?) against Blackburn Rovers.
    He did okay, but DG realised that he wasn't ready, and withdrew him at half-time.

Think part of the problem is the step-up from Under 21/23 to the First team. Will be interesting to see how Connor O'Riordan gets on North of the Border.

I remember it well. It was too fast for him but he came good in the end. People moaned at Danny Murphy when he made his debut. We have to remember it takes time for these kids to get up to speed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast