+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team to play at Middlesbrough, on Wednesday

Your team to play at Middlesbrough, on Wednesday

Unless any injuries ? Only one I can see is Walton for Collins (usually happens in cup ties ) would be good to see last saturdays 2 goal star" Jalo " for under 18s get some time from the bench too ,

I think Marsh will start and possibly Cundy plus as you say Walton .

Maybe the new Serb lad could get a run .

I agree, start with Tedic and Jalo, the big man and quick little fella, let's see what they are about?

My team to play at Middlesbrough, is Barnsley. Im not interested in any other team. 😊

I think Walton & Cundy will play & I expect some game time for Hondermack , Ackroyd & the new lad from City but we are playing a decent championship side so a balance of experience & youth is needed , we need to respect the reds fans who are paying out to travel & watch & give it our best shot & not just use it as a trial match .

A don't think they'll be many going Shads , respect them by all means and not performing like we did at Plymouth would help ! I'm trusting Duff on this one , we do need to start giving chances to the young lads though , and he may feel the Boro game is the ideal opportunity for some ,
    Iseka missing again ???

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    A don't think they'll be many going Shads , respect them by all means and not performing like we did at Plymouth would help ! I'm trusting Duff on this one , we do need to start giving chances to the young lads though , and he may feel the Boro game is the ideal opportunity for some ,
    Iseka missing again ???
    It seems obvious to me Roma that Iseka must put about as much effort into training as he did when he actually played last season which was not a lot , regarding the younger players well we have an extremely young side out on the turf whoever we select but I think Marsh, Ackroyd , Tadic & Hondermark plus maybe Helliwell might get time. I think we are all wanting to see Jalo play because of the obvious exciting potential the lad has but as well football ability he also has to be able to compete physically with men which at 16 for some lads might be hard, we will see but for the time being I will trust Duff to make the call when the lad is good to go.

I would play Tedic and Iseka up front.
    Why you may ask. Simple.
    Tedic obviously to give him minutes and see what he can do against the big defenders.
    Iseka is more complex. I’d have him in the office beforehand and tell him he’s playing the full 90.
    This is your one and only chance to impress me.
    If you want to play for this team and be in my plans now is the time to do it.

You never know.

Thinking about this I would start with Tadic and Aitchson and give Jalo a run out for about 30 minutes.
    Jalo clearly has speed and is a good finisher so even at 16 it's worth seeing what he can do against a good Championship side.
    The last time I was this excited about a young striker coming through was Vic, look how that turned out!!!! So we have to be realistic with expectations.
    Honermarc and Walton have to be given game time that's an easy one, but we also need to blend youth with experience so we are not hammered and it affects confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Thinking about this I would start with Tadic and Aitchson and give Jalo a run out for about 30 minutes.
    Jalo clearly has speed and is a good finisher so even at 16 it's worth seeing what he can do against a good Championship side.
    The last time I was this excited about a young striker coming through was Vic, look how that turned out!!!! So we have to be realistic with expectations.
    Honermarc and Walton have to be given game time that's an easy one, but we also need to blend youth with experience so we are not hammered and it affects confidence!
    It sound's like Fabio can't go to bog wiart a Man Utd/Citeh or Everton scout watching him , this supposedly good deal /contract only keeps him here 1 year I think ? Maybe the reason the lad signed it ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast