+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CalMac

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Can't see any set of accounts. Are they Calmac in disguise?
    I suggest that you click on the link in the second line of my post.
    I enclose it again for your reference. It is highlighted as a Strategic report and Annual Accounts. https://www.calmac.co.uk/media/7855/...=1654095781973

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You did not answer my original question.
    How is an independent Scotland going to replace the current £41 billion they receive from Westminster under the rules of the Barnett Formula.
    I suppose they could use the same creative rules that they currently use for the calculation of the CO2 emissions throughout Scotland. The Scottish Government department responsible ignores the CO2 emissions from one sector to make the Scottish Government look better than the rest of the U.K.
    No, I did. Totally. But let's make ot even simpler for you,and I apologise for not making it simple before. How many countries in the world get barnett formula payments? Out of all the countries?

Now let's take all the countries that don't get barnett formula payments and ask ourselves how they manage to survive?

How does, and I'm checking my notes now, EVERY other country do it?

I suppose you have never heard of the GERS figures for Scotland compared to the rest of the U.K.
    Although they have nothing to do with Rangers Football Club the latest GERS figures for Scotland are just about as bad as when Craig Whyte was in charge at Ibrox.
    The Tories want to keep Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland as part of the U.K.
    If Tories wanted to remain in power for ever at Westminster they would have jettisoned Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland who are all a drain on the finances of the Westminster Government.
    People living in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland would be in a sorry state financially if the people living in England voted to leave the U.K. and become an independent country.
    The pro independence supporters in Scotland should be very careful what they are wishing for as people living in England are getting fed up bankrolling the Scots who are continually shouting for independence.
    Ahh,the fallback position GERS. A set of numbers you don't understand,and you don't know where they come from.

Again, if Scotland was costing the rest of the UK money,the tories would be backing independence.

They don't care about you,or me, or in fact anyone but themselves.

When Jacob realised brexit was coming,he moved his companies,to keep them in the eu.

Sunak and his family claimed non dom status to avoid paying tax,while he was chancellor.

Government contracts went to companies that were extremely connected to government ministers,without tendering.

This is a tory government that has been stealing from the people and you think they are being nice to scotland?

Maybe they think they are after Sunak's comments right enough........

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Ahh,the fallback position GERS. A set of numbers you don't understand,and you don't know where they come from.

Again, if Scotland was costing the rest of the UK money,the tories would be backing independence.

They don't care about you,or me, or in fact anyone but themselves.

When Jacob realised brexit was coming,he moved his companies,to keep them in the eu.

Sunak and his family claimed non dom status to avoid paying tax,while he was chancellor.

Government contracts went to companies that were extremely connected to government ministers,without tendering.

This is a tory government that has been stealing from the people and you think they are being nice to scotland?

Maybe they think they are after Sunak's comments right enough........
    Sunik’s wife claimed non dom status.
    As I said before people in England are getting fed up with the whingeing pro independence supporters in Scotland.
    In November 2014 I attended my nephew’s wedding in Chester Le Street.
    Some of the people attending the wedding who lived in England told me that they were delighted that the people in Scotland had voted to remain part of the U.K. but they were not happy about all the extra perks people in Scotland received thanks to the Barnett Formula funding compared to people living in England.
    How would an independent Scotland have coped financially during the Covid pandemic.
    Where would they have got their extra funding from.
    The Scottish Government ‘magic money tree’.

As I said before people in England are getting fed up with the whingeing pro independence supporters in Scotland.
    Some of the people attending the wedding who lived in England told me that they were delighted that the people in Scotland had voted to remain part of the U.K. but they were not happy about all the extra perks people in Scotland received thanks to the Barnett Formula funding compared to people living in England.
    How would an independent Scotland have coped financially during the Covid pandemic.
    As an individual tax paying resident of Scotland can you tell me one perk that I get, that the equivalent tax paying resident of England doesn't, as a direct result of The Barnett Formula? No.

We're either better off because we have extras from The Barnett Formula or we're worse off as a result of paying more tax. You use both as sticks to beat the the SNP Government and to argue against any benefits of independence so how does it work? Do I, as an individual, benefit more from The Barnett Formula or am I penalised more by paying extra tax? Or do they balance out?

Is it not better for those who can afford it to pay more whilst those who can't pay less? Oh of course you're a committed old Tory so you'll believe the rich should pay less and the less rich more won't you? My error, should never have asked. Mind the gap, it's getting bigger by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What colour is the smoke that comes out of the Islay malting's chimney?

I've asked you twice already with no response - third time lucky?
    It is peated smoke and from my research I would not like to be living down wind from the Maltings in Port Ellen especially with the prevailing wind on Islay being a westerly wind.

It is peated smoke and from my research I would not like to be living down wind from the Maltings in Port Ellen especially with the prevailing wind on Islay being a westerly wind.
    Holy fkn **** answer the question for once and don't deflect - what colour is the eflux from the chimney? I know you're avoiding this because you know I'll tear you another hole but please just say what colour it is.

Peated smoke? What exactly is peated smoke?

If you won't say what colour it is can you maybe share what your research shows about the content of the efux from the chimney?

[QUOTE=Deeranged;40100900]Holy fkn **** answer the question for once and don't deflect - what colour is the eflux from the chimney? I know you're avoiding this because you know I'll tear you another hole but please just say what colour it is.

Peated smoke? What exactly is peated smoke?[/QUOTE

Peated smoke is smoke that smells of peat. This is different from peat smoke which is the smoke you get when peat burns by itself. There will be wood chips which have had peat added to them to create the peated smoke.

How did every country in the world that doesn't get any Barnett money survive?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)