+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F uck off Grant

Grant will end up as our top scorer with close to 20 goals this season.

There’s something about him as a player and individual that I can’t take to personally but beggars can’t be choosers.

He’s hardly ever injured and he scores goals........the polar opposite to Dick!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    That’s the point Matt - we need a killer and Grant isn’t. The pundit got it right and said - Grant was not even looking at the goal and showed no awareness. He’s not a number 9 and never will be
    You do have to give credit to Watford's goalkeeper....he had an outstanding game and certainly kept them in it.

A good striker should score on average every other game. Grant scored 18 last season which would mean 36 games. I don’t know if he played every game last season but he’s doing ok. He never stops running and he has quality. I would personally give him one on one training purely on finishing. He could easily be a top striker with some good coaching. Kevin Phillips would have been my choice to train him.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

There’s something about him as a player and individual that I can’t take to personally but beggars can’t be choosers.

Totally agree Mick. Grant doesn't need football coaching. He needs a course on Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

That's a accurate assessment of the goals Grant will get and no one else in the squad is capable of getting anywhere near 20 so he has to play. Grant coming in off the left alongside a proper striker is the answer. It would give us the 40+ goals that make the difference between automatic/play-offs/nowhere.

I think that many of us on here are being overly harsh on Grant. Yes, he could have scored a hat trick last night but credit the goalkeeper with the saves that he made. I think that there is a player in him but needs the support of an old fashioned number nine. He's not going to get on the end of high balls from the likes of Wallace, Diangana, Furlong etc. but he certainly has the skill on the ground. As I say, with a genuine number nine, they could cause defences a lot of trouble. It's getting that player in is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I think that many of us on here are being overly harsh on Grant. Yes, he could have scored a hat trick last night but credit the goalkeeper with the saves that he made. I think that there is a player in him but needs the support of an old fashioned number nine. He's not going to get on the end of high balls from the likes of Wallace, Diangana, Furlong etc. but he certainly has the skill on the ground. As I say, with a genuine number nine, they could cause defences a lot of trouble. It's getting that player in is the problem.
    Rather than as this thread starts 'f uck off Grant' is it as some of think it's more a case of 'we'd be f ucked without Grant'

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Rather than as this thread starts 'f uck off Grant' is it as some of think it's more a case of 'we'd be f ucked without Grant'

Matter of opinions which is why it's banter. I went to Boro and Grant was a complete waste of space - absolute rubbish and supporters were singing for Dike to replace him. Good goal last night but he missed at lease three sitters which is why we have one point and not three!

Grant is not a number 9. A number 9 is a Mitrovic which is why Fulham scored over 100 goals last season which was double our own tally!

Bored with Bruce saying - we need to take our chances! Well - do something about it then!!!!!!!!

I think Grant will come good Al....you watch.
    He will benefit from the new signings and I see him improving his goal chance ratio...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I think Grant will come good Al....you watch.
    He will benefit from the new signings and I see him improving his goal chance ratio...

Hopefully Dubs. My issue is not with Grant as a player but just that he's not a natural number 9 - at Boro he was awful where Dike ( shame ) has pace - strength and can use his head. That said Grant is miles better than Phillips.

Bruce MUST start Cleary on Thursday as nothing to lose and needs a chance. Rooney got that chance with Everton and the rest was history!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)