+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F uck off Grant

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Hopefully Dubs. My issue is not with Grant as a player but just that he's not a natural number 9 - at Boro he was awful where Dike ( shame ) has pace - strength and can use his head. That said Grant is miles better than Phillips.

Bruce MUST start Cleary on Thursday as nothing to lose and needs a chance. Rooney got that chance with Everton and the rest was history!
    He scored a few the other day against Newcastle U21 game.
    He looks a bit under cooked at the moment but I would start him for sure or at the very least bench him.

I think there is a big difference in that Rooney even at 16 was demanding to play in the top flight. He was already strong enough, quick enough and his talent was for all to see. He also coped with the pressure of everyone knowing how good he was at such an early age. Many before him in similar mode, especially the likes of Trevor Francis and more recently Jude Bellingham.

Only seen Cleary on highlights on the club site but at 18 it would be wrong to put his name in the same sentence as Rooney’s or the others.

That said I still feel he must at least get a minimum of 30 minutes assuming he is fully fit and that TGH must start.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I think there is a big difference in that Rooney even at 16 was demanding to play in the top flight. He was already strong enough, quick enough and his talent was for all to see. He also coped with the pressure of everyone knowing how good he was at such an early age. Many before him in similar mode, especially the likes of Trevor Francis and more recently Jude Bellingham.

Only seen Cleary on highlights on the club site but at 18 it would be wrong to put his name in the same sentence as Rooney’s or the others.

That said I still feel he must at least get a minimum of 30 minutes assuming he is fully fit and that TGH must start.

I agree but Grant won’t feature on Thursday so for the number 9 it’s Zohorse, Phillips or Cleary.

We want shot of Zohorse - Phillips is not a number 9 and if he exerts himself - he will be back in the treatment room. Most of the other Championship teams gave their thoughts on the competition tonight by losing. Why therefore would Bruce not start Cleary - it would make no sense!!!

I bet Okay does not start on Sunday even though he was better on the ball in 10 minutes than Livermore was in 80 minutes!

Was Bruce never young? Why bring on a dinosaur in Reach yesterday than TGH - no surprise Reach fell over the ball!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)