+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Useless up front.

Useless up front.

Barnes needs putting out to graze along with Jayrod.They are round pegs in square holes in this team.We desperately need a goalscorer.We seem to be relying on Brownhill to score and that is a bad omen.
    Should have had a stonewall penalty in the first half but it is worth remembering Watford are favourites for automatic promotion and I believe that once we get a goalscorer, Twine is fit and the team gels better then we will be a real threat.Not dissapointed really they had one shot on target and scored just like Luton last Saturday.

I thought when Jay Rod came on it would only be a matter of time before we scored.

McNally had the chance to make a name for himself but he blew it!

How unlucky was Brownhill when he hit the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I thought when Jay Rod came on it would only be a matter of time before we scored.

McNally had the chance to make a name for himself but he blew it!

How unlucky was Brownhill when he hit the bar?
    Mcnally had the chance of the match but fluffed it.Like I say we need a proven goalscorer along with Twine.However Watford are favourites to go up yet we outplayed them for long periods.I am happy with the way things are going just need more firepower up front.

What baffles me is looking at our top men... they’re moving like we’re going to put a cross in or a ball over the top... constantly on the line moving towards the goal... are our midfielders not sticking to the plan, or are our strikers still in Dyche mode? I loved how we made crosses into the box from all kind of places.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Mcnally had the chance of the match but fluffed it.Like I say we need a proven goalscorer along with Twine.However Watford are favourites to go up yet we outplayed them for long periods.I am happy with the way things are going just need more firepower up front.
    I'm happy too, that was a game we could have won, a game we should have won, but we didn't, that's football. This is a team I expected to struggle this year but I was wrong, after three games I can't see us not being in the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm happy too, that was a game we could have won, a game we should have won, but we didn't, that's football. This is a team I expected to struggle this year but I was wrong, after three games I can't see us not being in the play-offs.
    I agree. You should be up there but ATM you have a new manager, a new playing style and new players so it's going to take time to gel.

Defence is fine, but there's a lot of work to do on transition and finishing, especially in unpicking a low block.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I agree. You should be up there but ATM you have a new manager, a new playing style and new players so it's going to take time to gel.

Defence is fine, but there's a lot of work to do on transition and finishing, especially in unpicking a low block.
    I love all of this new fangled football jargon, it's just gobbledegook!

Watford had one chance and scored, we had four and didn't.

I'll have a little bet that we finish higher up than Watford.

UTC#

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I love all of this new fangled football jargon, it's just gobbledegook!

Watford had one chance and scored, we had four and didn't.

I'll have a little bet that we finish higher up than Watford.

UTC#
    Forwards and scoring goals is a problem for us but at this moment I’d say physicality is as big a problem for us , there goal came from us not having the strength to win - keep the ball centrally, we looked better with Cork on the pitch he knits it together better , and I though that Bastien improved his performance a lot yesterday against a decent side.

If Vincent is clever this next couple of weeks and we buy prudent and clever we shouldn’t have much to fear ,

The likes of Barnes may improve as the season goes on , I think he’s played so long for Dyche in the mould of just get us free kicks and set pieces further up the field that now it’s taking time to adjust to quick incisive football , posted the other day we are decent up to the final
    Third , then we hit the buffers , a physical mobile front man is a must.

Victor Alexander looks like he’s more direct than most and will be useful for us this year.

To me we have the wide men to create and deliver , the last pieces of the jigsaw are the forward line that we need ( unfair to judge Jay rod after injury and 20 mins game time ).

I am not a fan of Taylor at centre back

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    I am not a fan of Taylor at centre back
    I prefer Maatsen at left back FtB and I think it's possible Taylor might be on his way out if the right bid comes in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)