+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: o/t the Convent

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Maybe if the Police could tare themselves away from the A75 for two minutes they might be able to catch some of these vandals.

It's embarrassing these incidents are happening under a mile away from the main HQ.
    So what you are saying is that it’s the police’s fault that the convent has went on fire? And yet unless I have missed something, there has been nothing to say that the fire has been set deliberately.

It’s all to easy to blame the police. You live in one of the safest places in the.world and a lot of that is down to the police. Are they correct in everything they do. Far from it. But they get most things right and to say it’s embarrassing that it’s happened a mile away from there hq in the middle of the night reflects on your attitude deek. That’s like saying everyone who lives next door to the convent should be embarrassed since it’s on their door step.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Pretty sure that'll be traffic police on the A75. Clues right there in the name.

And to be fair to them again, I'm not convinced you can see the convent from the HQ building.

Is this not a football chat group?
    It's called budget allocation. Plenty of cash for catching speeding motorists yet the town seems awash with vandalism.

As for the thread; The connection is the chairman owns it. If you're not happy with the subject matter then either don't bother replying or direct your complaint against the individual who posted the topic up.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    So what you are saying is that it’s the police’s fault that the convent has went on fire? And yet unless I have missed something, there has been nothing to say that the fire has been set deliberately.

It’s all to easy to blame the police. You live in one of the safest places in the.world and a lot of that is down to the police. Are they correct in everything they do. Far from it. But they get most things right and to say it’s embarrassing that it’s happened a mile away from there hq in the middle of the night reflects on your attitude deek. That’s like saying everyone who lives next door to the convent should be embarrassed since it’s on their door step.
    Every article including from the person who owns it mentions ongoing vandalism issues including days after the fire! so although maybe not confirmed in the media yet, it's probably a safe bet it was a deliberate act

I'm not making a complaint and am abundantly aware someone else creating this thread. My comment was aimed towards you specifically in relation to your tiresome post. I agree with the above post from fatfan in that I'm sure that particular organisation are far from perfect however knowing the stats inside out we live in a really safe place with high crime detection rates. I won't even go into "budget allocation" but please know what you're talking about at least prior to posting drivel. Have you ever been involved in a serious road crash or know of someone who has? Whilst they'll never be eternally popular, that branch of policing has a place due to idiotic drivers.

You would appear to be one of those people who knows everyone's job or employment, and the inner workings of same, and will have an opinion on it come hell or high water.

Every article including from the person who owns it mentions ongoing vandalism issues including days after the fire! so although maybe not confirmed in the media yet, it's probably a safe bet it was a deliberate act
    So mr hewitson has complained about vandalism at the convent. Can you tell me what mr hewitson has done about this? Has he invested in any form of security for the building. Has he employed a security company to patrol the area? Has he put cameras up to deter people from congregating there. Has he put up a secure fence around the building to deter people from entering. Absolutely nothing was done but yet you expect the police to do all this on top of everything else. If you left your car wide open in an area where there was a high crime rate, is it the fault of the police if you get items stolen from your car? Sorry deek but you are talking absolute *******s here and have managed to bring a political debate onto a foot ball thread. Sad thing is you’ve got a bite out of me so I really don’t know who is the bigger bell end here, you for your comments or me for taking the bait

And another thing. Thank god you aren’t a sheriff or judge cos the times I’ve been in front of him I’d have been hung drawn and quartered because everyone assumed I’d done something. With a quote like everyone says it was deliberate so it’s a safe bet it was, is telling me cos everyone says it was deliberate then you have made your mind up. Or maybe it was a discarded fag, or broken glass causing something to smoulder considering the heat at that time, or ump**** other reasons. But we will point the finger at youths or the police cos everyone says it was there fault. Or maybe wait and see what evidence there is to see if it has been deliberate before condemning people and pointing the finger!!!

I can't be bothered to get involved in a mass argument but I'm having my opinion. If it's factually wrong or you don't agree then fine, you're entitled to yours.

A fairly blinkered and lazy opinion towards a segment of society who probably don't deserve it. If it is vandalism or deliberate, like you would appear to have inside info on, then I personally (as a parent) would blame the parents of these reprobates who carry out such acts. It's their lack of discipline and interest which leads to this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)