+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear...Ipswich panicking already?

Oh dear...Ipswich panicking already?

Last edited by CAMiller; 09-08-2022 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Please make thread titles clear and concise

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We did try to warn them roly, I know some Ipswich fans came on here to see what we thought about freddy and reported back to their site.
    To be fair though it's still early season and he will score some goals for them, it's the rest of his game that's the problem and, as with us, when he isnt scoring it highlights his frailties. Utm

I think Ipswich have been playing 4-5-1 with Ladapo as the lone striker.
    Not sure that role plays to his strengths though.
    He knows where the net is and is a goalscorer but bringing out the best of him will be the biggest challenge for Ipswich

The honeymoon isn't quite over yet, but the groom is eying up the bridesmaids.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    I think Ipswich have been playing 4-5-1 with Ladapo as the lone striker.
    Not sure that role plays to his strengths though.
    He knows where the net is and is a goalscorer but bringing out the best of him will be the biggest challenge for Ipswich
    Learnt that very early on in his spell here that he downs tools too easily to be a lone striker…he”d only have to chase about 5 diags and head would be down..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Learnt that very early on in his spell here that he downs tools too easily to be a lone striker…he”d only have to chase about 5 diags and head would be down..
    That’s the thing with him, plays 4 games or so and scores in one of them. Fans then remember the one he scored in and forget the 3 other lack lustre performances where it looked like we were playing with 10 men.

There were some pretty scathing comments about him on the Ipswich forum after just one game. One contributor even wished the manager luck finding a footballer in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That’s the thing with him, plays 4 games or so and scores in one of them. Fans then remember the one he scored in and forget the 3 other lack lustre performances where it looked like we were playing with 10 men.
    That sums it up well Grist. We will always remember the goals he scored against the pigs but beyond that there is sod all else to remember apart from him disappearing from most games he played in (even the ones he scored in!)

They will learn the hard way.

He’s Not included at all in the 20 man match squad tonight what so ever…

By the way 9 subs in EFL cup what’s all that about.!.

He's also fond of his injuries. forgot to tell Ipswich fans that....

BY the way Camiller, "Please make thread titles clear and concise"! It would be like being at schoil but I think my English teacher would have said "Excellent Roly you have provided a hook to draw your reader in with!"

Plainly you have never been an English teacher Camiller!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast