+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When are we getting a new striker ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When are we getting a new striker ?

It’s become apparent we need one- sooner rather than later. In the absence of Jay Rod and Twine, we need someone in pretty quickly ,to convert the chances we are creating. The clock is ticking, but still plenty of time to fix this problem . Is it going to happen ? I hope so.

Have a look at other fan forums malwayne, "When are we getting a new striker?" is the number one question on most fan's lips.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    It’s become apparent we need one- sooner rather than later. In the absence of Jay Rod and Twine, we need someone in pretty quickly ,to convert the chances we are creating. The clock is ticking, but still plenty of time to fix this problem . Is it going to happen ? I hope so.
    I do hope we will sign a goal scoring striker, but I am not confident about it happening.

I could not see the logic in giving both Barnes and JRod new contracts, one of them possibly but not both. We have had a problem scoring goals now for at least two seasons and this was an area that required action if we are to jump back to the premier league. Perhaps they though Vydra was certain to sign a new contract but he didn't, so we need to look urgently into getting some replacement for Vydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I do hope we will sign a goal scoring striker, but I am not confident about it happening.

I could not see the logic in giving both Barnes and JRod new contracts, one of them possibly but not both. We have had a problem scoring goals now for at least two seasons and this was an area that required action if we are to jump back to the premier league. Perhaps they though Vydra was certain to sign a new contract but he didn't, so we need to look urgently into getting some replacement for Vydra.
    In fairness we bought Twine who now seems to be a bit injury prone. Might be time to give Richardson his big chance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    In fairness we bought Twine who now seems to be a bit injury prone. Might be time to give Richardson his big chance.
    A player who started 48 matches last season and played the full 90 minutes in 34 of them. In addition, he was brought off between the 85th and 89th minutes in 9 of the 14 in which he was subbed and between the 70th and 85th minute in the remainder.
    The previous season he was out on loan to two different clubs and started 49 matches of which he finished 34. In addition he was brought of between the 80th and 90th minute in 8 of the 15 in which he was subbed. In the other 7 he was brought off between the 64th and 80th minute in 6 of them.
    It would be a travesty of justice to call him injury prone!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    A player who started 48 matches last season and played the full 90 minutes in 34 of them. In addition, he was brought off between the 85th and 89th minutes in 9 of the 14 in which he was subbed and between the 70th and 85th minute in the remainder.
    The previous season he was out on loan to two different clubs and started 49 matches of which he finished 34. In addition he was brought of between the 80th and 90th minute in 8 of the 15 in which he was subbed. In the other 7 he was brought off between the 64th and 80th minute in 6 of them.
    It would be a travesty of justice to call him injury prone!
    He might have caught "JBG syndrome" mein Freund because he's hardly been a beacon of fitness since he arrived at Turf Moor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He might have caught "JBG syndrome" mein Freund because he's hardly been a beacon of fitness since he arrived at Turf Moor.
    You were pointing out on another post that Vinni had only just arrived, well so has Twine, he's picked up a bit of an injury, as they all do from time to time, this doesn't make him injury prone. As Sub points out, he's lasted longer than the Duracell Bunny previously, stop your mithering and give the lad a chance, he'll be fine.

Don't know the terms of the loan deal, but maybe we could recall Wout ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Don't know the terms of the loan deal, but maybe we could recall Wout ?
    I would love that to happen!! Get some drama into the group and the the Turf!

I don't know about 1 Striker but in my books we need 2!! Jay and Barnes have never been big goal getters. You have to go back to Ing's to find a guy for us that was really dangerous in the box and scared defenders. That must be redressed if we are to progress no matter what style of play you adopt and I am loving Kompany's football so far.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 09-08-2022 at 03:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)