+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Heatwave [Re. Playing conditions]

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Nah, the highest temperature yesterday was 34.2 at somewhere called Wiggonholt in Sus***.

Yep, I was looking at the South East region (for BW/London/Lower East Anglia/Kent), Wiggonholt is on the south coast.

BBC now saying 34, met office 33,

Same conditions for both sides which is presumably why the game itself isn't making a great deal of fuss about it nor demanding a change to kick off times. Spectators are another issue though.

Played tennis this morning, they're gearing up for the start of the Junior National Championships starting today. Not a hint of anyone suggesting they shouldn't play. I suppose they get to sit down for a couple of minutes every two games.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Played tennis this morning, they're gearing up for the start of the Junior National Championships starting today. Not a hint of anyone suggesting they shouldn't play. I suppose they get to sit down for a couple of minutes every two games.
    With an umbrella above there head

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    With an umbrella above there head
    Only if they bring their own!

So just the one player collapse and hospitalisation in the end, Pablo Martinez, of Chippenham Town in the NLS. Thankfully expected to make a full recovery.

I’m still not at all sure they’re acceptable conditions to be playing or watching football matches in. Later or earlier kick offs in August might be the way going forward. Works in other countries.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456