+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Heatwave [Re. Playing conditions]

Latest London forecast on BBC for Saturday is 37 C. I may well be a wimp, but personally wouldn't like to play in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Latest London forecast on BBC for Saturday is 37 C. I may well be a wimp, but personally wouldn't like to play in that.
    I've taken up running this year in a bid to fight back against middle age spread (can't recommend the Couch to 5K app highly enough for anyone interested), and the difference between running at 6:30am and a few hours later in the Middle East heat is immense (and even then, I've never run in 36+ degrees). Moving Saturday kickoffs to 6pm may be more sensible in the summer months - but that's the least of our problems when so many people are still in denial about climate change.

The met office are currently forecasting 31 for Borehamwood on Saturday, six degrees less, that's quite a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The met office are currently forecasting 31 for Borehamwood on Saturday, six degrees less, that's quite a difference.

Will be interesting to see which model is closest. I thought it was a shame when BBC stopped using the Met Office modelling and switched to Meteo. Both (and all the others) get it right sometimes and wrong others. Hopefully this time it's the Met Office's turn to be right.

Sorry I'm not believing any of the BBC Weather forecast for Borehamwood until it comes from Michael Fish lips in person...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Sorry I'm not believing any of the BBC Weather forecast for Borehamwood until it comes from Michael Fish lips in person...

No need for name calling, Wedgie.

Could they not make the games evening kick-off?
    When I'm in Sorrento (my wife is Italian) I try to go to a local match either Sorrento FC they normally kick off at 8.00pm or Napoli they kick off at 5.30pm, which hot weather wise makes sense...Guess the problem in he UK with late kick offs could be fans travelling back home after some of the matches...

When I'm in Sorrento (my wife is Italian) I try to go to a local match either Sorrento FC they normally kick off at 8.00pm or Napoli they kick off at 5.30pm, which hot weather wise makes sense...Guess the problem in he UK with late kick offs could be fans travelling back home after some of the matches...
    Yes but at 3pm they are all having it off with their lovers, sorry, having a siesta, whilst the silly Brits are getting sunstroke 'cause the Germans have grabbed all the shady spots since 4am.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Yes but at 3pm they are all having it off with their lovers, sorry, having a siesta, whilst the silly Brits are getting sunstroke 'cause the Germans have grabbed all the shady spots since 4am.
    Guess you've never been to Sorrento then Op...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast