+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC Radio Sports Report Football Results.

It was noticeable in the Pavis Stand last week how many fans around me (average age - pensioner) were regularly checking their phones for scores elsewhere during the game, so I can understand why the Beeb are dropping the classified results at 5pm. Gone are the days when you'd have to tag along with "Transistor Radio Man" after a game to hear the scores as you were walking away from the ground (especially if you were trying to hear the Notts score after attending a game elsewhere as a neutral).

As others have said, I just wish it was for a better reason than cramming in Premier League reaction before the 5:30 live coverage.

If Notts are playing away I like to go for a go for a bus-ride and a ramble and listen to the Notts game later travelling home. It's so annoying to hear the latest Premiership scores during a match while I'm bussing back as I prefer to record MOTD on the Saturday night and watch it next morning. Knowing the scores spoils it somehow. I've tried to forget the results but that just imprints the scores further.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    If Notts are playing away I like to go for a go for a bus-ride and a ramble and listen to the Notts game later travelling home. It's so annoying to hear the latest Premiership scores during a match while I'm bussing back as I prefer to record MOTD on the Saturday night and watch it next morning. Knowing the scores spoils it somehow. I've tried to forget the results but that just imprints the scores further.
    Ha ha yeah trying to not know any scores before MOTD would be an easy task but no not thesedays. I often see a headline crop up online which let's you know the score or who won. As you say it's a much better programme when you don't know the results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12