+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Club statement

A Club statement

Barnsley Football Club have become aware of discriminatory and abusive posts circulating on social media. The club stand firmly against any form of abuse or discrimination and take these matters extremely seriously. Further comment will be issued once these posts have been thoroughly investigated.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20...lub-statement/
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 09-08-2022 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Link

I think the shyte is about to hit the fan .

Perhaps if they had been more open about releasing some details as to what their intentions were regarding Sponsor's , getting a feel from the fans points of view ?, all this wouldn't be necessary , it doesn't sit well with me this Deal , and I'm almost certain a lot more feel the same , who is running this club of ours , to quote Laurel and Hardy ,,, "another fine mess you've got us into" offield antics continually effecting onfield activities , when will /or will it end .

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Barnsley Football Club have become aware of discriminatory and abusive posts circulating on social media. The club stand firmly against any form of abuse or discrimination and take these matters extremely seriously. Further comment will be issued once these posts have been thoroughly investigated.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20...lub-statement/
    Reminds me of a Boris Johnson type holding statement written by Number 10 Press Office when he has again been found out about something. It buys time to think up something to put out as an "explanation" and takes the immediate heat out of the situation. If it is left a few days they hope people begin to think "move on".
    The BFC "Investigation Team" into this could announce an" independent" inquiry led by a club employee. That could buy weeks for it all to go away. The BFC personnel looking into this will be praying for good results at Boro and Derby to shift the focus away from this sh1tshow.

Gerrit sorted Neerav. Show some leadership. It's above CEO level as he may have played some part in the whole fiasco. Or indeed one of our owners could have thrown the Hex idea into the ring.

Fans will judge you by your actions--or inaction.

Spectemur Agendo.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-08-2022 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Reminds me of a Boris Johnson type holding statement written by Number 10 Press Office when he has again been found out about something. It buys time to think up something to put out as an "explanation" and takes the immediate heat out of the situation. If it is left a few days they hope people begin to think "move on".
    The BFC "Investigation Team" into this could announce an" independent" inquiry led by a club employee. That could buy weeks for it all to go away. The BFC personnel looking into this will be praying for good results at Boro and Derby to shift the focus away from this sh1tshow.

Gerrit sorted Neerav. Show some leadership. It's above CEO level as he may have played some part in the whole fiasco. Or indeed one of our owners could have thrown the Hex idea into the ring.

Fans will judge you by your actions--or inaction.

Spectemur Agendo.
    It would have needed sign off above CEO level, surely? The old saying applies here…..”They all Pi££ in the same pot”

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    It would have needed sign off above CEO level, surely? The old saying applies here…..”They all Pi££ in the same pot”
    Could be but at his last Q&A Session with fans he claimed he now had 99.9% autonomy on most commercial decisions.

The highest shirt sponsorship deal last season in the Third Division was only £150,000 so i suspect ours will be around that figure or less. It may be that he has authority to approve commercial decisions up to a certain amount.
    Or maybe not. I was certainly done in a rush before some of the owners gathered to watch the first game so maybe it was discussed and signed off then. No doubt the club will be open and transparent about how we became linked with Hex.com in further statements.

Anyone know what these offensive posts are really about and where they were posted?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Anyone know what these offensive posts are really about and where they were posted?
    Seen a few of them…… Thirsty G*y was the words I saw., in balance it seems that the Hex online community have been donating money to Barnsley food bank. Not all organisations ( if this is one) has its bad side.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    It's the Official Barnsley FC Twitter Account Eths used by the club to announce/ post snippets of breaking news
    It started with the club promoting Hex with a photo of players celebrating the Thomas goal with the Hex logo prominent and the heading "HEXcellent result". Some fans posted their disapproval of BFC endorsing HEX on this Twitter Account and the account was then swamped by so-called "Hexicans", whose role is to challenge any negative posts about Hex, some were real people, others computer generated "bots". It developed into various forms of abuse and some of the Hex key figures being exposed for posting homophobic posts and other unsavoury views.
    It got to the stage where the Official BFC Twitter Account was "blocked" for a while because of the vile comments, not from BFC fans but from Hexicans and some key individuals who may well have brokered the deal.

A key role of Hex investors lower down the pyramid is to get the Hex name advertised wherever they can to promote sales and link the Hex scheme with bait donations to good causes to give the scheme good publicity locally. Barnsley Foodbank received £2000 I believe following an initial £200 and the Foodbank have given Hex the thumbs up. Who would not wish to invest in good people like that ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-08-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Cheers SB

Sounds dodgy to say the least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast