+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Onj

Onj

There is a lot of mourning in the community here for Olivia Newton John after her sad passing. Not only an icon in the music and movie industry, but just one hell of a lovely lady. 😕 And that isnt easy to find in those lines of business these days!
    It caps off a terrible week after losing another Aussie icon in Judy Durham from the Seekers as well. Another sweet woman with a great voice. Apparently Georgy Girl was a big hit in the 60s over in the UK also. All you old *******s like me will remember it! 😁 I guess the Carnival is really over...
    Both have been offered...rightly so...and accepted State funerals. RIP ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    There is a lot of mourning in the community here for Olivia Newton John after her sad passing. Not only an icon in the music and movie industry, but just one hell of a lovely lady. �� And that isnt easy to find in those lines of business these days!
    It caps off a terrible week after losing another Aussie icon in Judy Durham from the Seekers as well. Another sweet woman with a great voice. Apparently Georgy Girl was a big hit in the 60s over in the UK also. All you old *******s like me will remember it! �� I guess the Carnival is really over...
    Both have been offered...rightly so...and accepted State funerals. RIP ladies.
    Have to agree.

Even I’m a bit too young to really remember The Seekers (but you’re right about her voice) and I’m sure a few on here fondly (perhaps too fondly?!) remember the video to Physical…

Multiple chills here.

RIP ladies.

RIP - OnJ was massive over here for a while and gave the fitness world the pink leg warmers.

She was stunningly beautiful and my 2nd man crush in my early years (1st was Blondie/Debbie Harry) and she came over as a really decent human being as well.

RIP

My wife loves the movie Grease. I'm not much for watching movies or TV shows and the only time I watch them is she's with me (with some exceptions) It's generally very painful. I can count on my fingers the numbers of movies I have seen in a theater without her.

However, when she came out in that latex outfit in the end of the movie I must admit that I did enjoy that moment of brilliant cinematography. I believe you Brits use the term "joy". Almost made the preceding 2 hours of pain worth it.

2 lovely ladies and could sing as well.
    Very sad.

Loved em both and very sad to hear they’ve gone. Paul O’grady has quit BBC as well. Guess we’ll get another millennium screeching the odds in his place.

Seems anyone over the age of 50 ain’t worth considering. BBC can shove off for me.

Never met or went to any of her concerts but was pure as they came. Olivia was what you see is what you get Rip
    On the other hand, Judith Durham and I met and talked for an hour and kept up over the years. She signed a cd for me To an angel Peter from Judith with Love. My friend was a radio announcer and knew I loved the seekers and he organized.
    It is sad every day we seem to say goodbye to people that touched us one way or another.
    Seen another Leeds person pass away the other day also RIP to all.

RIP Judith Durham and Olivia Newton John,two fantastic ladies with beautiful voices. A very sad week indeed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)