+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring back Deano

Bring back Deano

Sorry but it's got to be said! Are we Man utd in Disguise!

No, nay, never. He should have been sacked at the end of the previous season.

Sentiment set us back 12 months.

Lovely chap, had his chance, thank you very much.

Well can someone order a taxi to Liverpool....

my kid brother and son want potter in. I'm not sure he is an improvement. I'd like a coach that coaches. thats all. Just someone who doesn't need a posse to make them feel in charge...

How about Patrick Vieira

Today could have been 6/ 7 and it wouldn't have flattered Palace.

1. Our owners should be looking at Christian Purslow and questioning his judgement in recruiting Gerrard.

2.Villa have gone backwards over the past 8 months.

3. This squad is SO unbalanced, completely incapable of coping with the physicality of the premiership.

4. Every opposition set piece is liable to result in us conceding.

Another embarrassing afternoon and a crystal clear indication of how poor a manager Gerrard is .

Maybe not entirely his fault but Digne is a bit of a jinx at the minute.
    1. Bournemouth, off the field at a corner taking his bling off- we concede
    2. Everton, cruising 2-0 and he gets an OG
    3.Palace...the penalty! 😞

I'm not blaming him but Gerrard's 'tactic' and he only seems to have one, is for the full backs to bomb forward, this is putting too much pressure on the CBs who, let's face it, are not very good.
    Time to stop the rot, bring Chambers in and play him in front of the defence and getting back when Digne and Cash are cought napping. A palace fan said our defence is shocking and so easy to get behind. Time for Gerrard to go back to basics, 3 games in and 6 goals conceded is relegation form.
    Also, can someone tell me what the benefit is making McGinn captain? I saw a glimpse of Mings about to organise defending a free kick, he normally is very vocal, he was about to shout out orders and you could see he stopped himself, maybe he thought, Not my Job!
    I posted a while back 'something is up' and quite clearly it is. 3 games and 3 different teams, Gerrard having had his full pre season does not have clue what team he is putting out, just what is this Crutchley doing? Are we missing Beale?
    It needs sorting now, it's obviously not time to panic but with West Ham next, we better toughen up. I do not want to say its a man's game but we do look powder puff material, just where is that bite in midfield, why can't we hold a lead for more than 2 minutes, why do players like Bailey and Buendia play well as subs but go missing when given 90 mins, what's happened to Emi, conceding so many! JJ he is going missing too often, McGinn looking a bit chunky and slow. There is already too many concerns, the biggest being the Manager, it is luck, no, is it the fact we were shaded out, no, did we look good, no. No bloody excuses. If I was Purslow, I would be getting than plan 'B' ready!!

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    How about Patrick Vieira
    There was I thinking nobody would have an intelligent answer

Potter is happy where he is, seen a couple of longer interviews with him when he talks about life/work balance, no way does he want the stress of trying to sort out the sharkpit at villa.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Maybe not entirely his fault but Digne is a bit of a jinx at the minute.
    1. Bournemouth, off the field at a corner taking his bling off- we concede
    2. Everton, cruising 2-0 and he gets an OG
    3.Palace...the penalty! ��

I'm not blaming him but Gerrard's 'tactic' and he only seems to have one, is for the full backs to bomb forward, this is putting too much pressure on the CBs who, let's face it, are not very good.
    Time to stop the rot, bring Chambers in and play him in front of the defence and getting back when Digne and Cash are cought napping. A palace fan said our defence is shocking and so easy to get behind. Time for Gerrard to go back to basics, 3 games in and 6 goals conceded is relegation form.
    Also, can someone tell me what the benefit is making McGinn captain? I saw a glimpse of Mings about to organise defending a free kick, he normally is very vocal, he was about to shout out orders and you could see he stopped himself, maybe he thought, Not my Job!
    I posted a while back 'something is up' and quite clearly it is. 3 games and 3 different teams, Gerrard having had his full pre season does not have clue what team he is putting out, just what is this Crutchley doing? Are we missing Beale?
    It needs sorting now, it's obviously not time to panic but with West Ham next, we better toughen up. I do not want to say its a man's game but we do look powder puff material, just where is that bite in midfield, why can't we hold a lead for more than 2 minutes, why do players like Bailey and Buendia play well as subs but go missing when given 90 mins, what's happened to Emi, conceding so many! JJ he is going missing too often, McGinn looking a bit chunky and slow. There is already too many concerns, the biggest being the Manager, it is luck, no, is it the fact we were shaded out, no, did we look good, no. No bloody excuses. If I was Purslow, I would be getting than plan 'B' ready!!
    If you play a system where the two full-backs are pushed high up the pitch leaving huge gaps down the flanks then you cannot expect one DM to take care of defensive duties so I agree Chambers or maybe Nakamba should be alongside Kamara in a 4231. It's embarrassing that we cannot cope with a long ball vs Palace and Gerrard does f'all to address it until we are on our ar$es. I don't rate Digne based on what I've seen from him, his positioning is suspect but it might be the coaching?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)