+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Samuel Bastien

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's obvious Vinni doesn't rate him mon ami, and I'm not being Captain Hindsight either, wise after the event. I said after the first game of the season that I didn't like was I was seeing, and started a thread about it. Hasn't taken long for the manager to share my concerns, and both me and Vinni can't be wrong, can we ?
    VK keeps on playing a grossly out of form Roberts instead of the virulent Vitinho so "Yes", I am sure you can both be wrong - usually at the same time.

It's obvious Vinni doesn't rate him mon ami, and I'm not being Captain Hindsight either, wise after the event. I said after the first game of the season that I didn't like was I was seeing, and started a thread about it. Hasn't taken long for the manager to share my concerns, and both me and Vinni can't be wrong, can we ?
    Why did he pull stumps up to get him in at Turf Moor if he doesn't like him mon ami. Makes no sense whatsoever, does it? I think you are on one of your unfathomable "missions" and not liking Bastien is your latest raison d'être.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Why did he pull stumps up to get him in at Turf Moor if he doesn't like him mon ami. Makes no sense whatsoever, does it? I think you are on one of your unfathomable "missions" and not liking Bastien is your latest raison d'être.
    Nothing 'latest' about it mon ami, I first voiced my concerns about Bastien on August 10th, five weeks ago. See post 1 and post 7, in which I explain that I was expecting more from Bastien and give my reasons why. I suspect Vinni was the same, confidently expecting him to hit the ground running, only to find out very quickly that it all seemed beyond him.

Unlike you BT, who'd rather sail a ship into an iceberg and go down with it, rather than admit you were wrong, Vinni is pragmatic. He can see Bastien isn't up to it, so he won't play him. He's signed about 15 players I think, not sure I've long ago lost count, they're not all going to be successful, some aren't going to hack it, nothing wrong with that, it's perfectly normal, it just looks like Bastien might be one of them.

You're not niggled are you mon ami, because I spotted that Bastien might be a dud after just one game, you didn't, and now Vincent agrees with me ? Surely not ?

Nothing 'latest' about it mon ami, I first voiced my concerns about Bastien on August 10th, five weeks ago. See post 1 and post 7, in which I explain that I was expecting more from Bastien and give my reasons why. I suspect Vinni was the same, confidently expecting him to hit the ground running, only to find out very quickly that it all seemed beyond him.

Unlike you BT, who'd rather sail a ship into an iceberg and go down with it, rather than admit you were wrong, Vinni is pragmatic. He can see Bastien isn't up to it, so he won't play him. He's signed about 15 players I think, not sure I've long ago lost count, they're not all going to be successful, some aren't going to hack it, nothing wrong with that, it's perfectly normal, it just looks like Bastien might be one of them.

You're not niggled are you mon ami, because I spotted that Bastien might be a dud after just one game, you didn't, and now Vincent agrees with me ? Surely not ?
    He was not an unknown quantity to VK though sinkov, he was amongst the first of 16 new signings, so he must rate him.

VK seemed happy enough with him at Wigan and Sammy reciprocated with a good performance and a goal, I'd give the lad a bit of time before you sling him on the knacker's yard.

He was not an unknown quantity to VK though sinkov, he was amongst the first of 16 new signings, so he must rate him.

VK seemed happy enough with him at Wigan and Sammy reciprocated with a good performance and a goal, I'd give the lad a bit of time before you sling him on the knacker's yard.
    I haven't slung him on the knacker's yard mon ami, Vinni has, and I would imagine he knows more about football and footballers than thee and me put together.
    Nevertheless, if Sammy gets it together and forces his way back into the team, no one will be happier than me, apart from Samuel himself of course, good luck to him, but for the moment it looks like I was right........again.

I haven't slung him on the knacker's yard mon ami, Vinni has, and I would imagine he knows more about football and footballers than thee and me put together.
    Nevertheless, if Sammy gets it together and forces his way back into the team, no one will be happier than me, apart from Samuel himself of course, good luck to him, but for the moment it looks like I was right........again.
    Supersub6 will know this better than me mon ami, but I reckoned on the metronome you are wrong more often than 75 beats per minute during the marching yesterday.

Supersub6 will know this better than me mon ami, but I reckoned on the metronome you are wrong more often than 75 beats per minute during the marching yesterday.
    Don't drag me into your arguments BT, all I will say is that, although yesterday brought back many memories, the thought of marching at 75 beats per minute whilst carrying and blowing an instrument that weighed 38lbs just gave me a lot of knee pain. Whilst not a true slow march pace, that pace is very hard on the body, the guys did brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Don't drag me into your arguments BT, all I will say is that, although yesterday brought back many memories, the thought of marching at 75 beats per minute whilst carrying and blowing an instrument that weighed 38lbs just gave me a lot of knee pain. Whilst not a true slow march pace, that pace is very hard on the body, the guys did brilliantly.
    I was just pointing out sinkov is wrong 75 times per minute, thanks for confirming the beat rate mein freund.

I was just pointing out sinkov is wrong 75 times per minute, thanks for confirming the beat rate mein freund.
    That's most unfair BT, when I mentioned Bastien I was right wasn't I, you have to agree with that, which means I cannot be wrong more than 74 times per minute. Come on, play the game, be fair mon ami.

That's most unfair BT, when I mentioned Bastien I was right wasn't I, you have to agree with that, which means I cannot be wrong more than 74 times per minute. Come on, play the game, be fair mon ami.
    I'm sticking with the original 75 wrongs per minute mon ami, I've been listening to your drivel for more years than I care to remember, and I see no imminent change whatsoever.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)