+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Samuel Bastien

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I bet Camilla is a thoroughbred *** machine.. Diana couldn't keep up with her..
    I know which one I'd prefer to pop my popsicle in Alfie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Somebody must love our Sammy, "Bastien has been named in Sébastien Desabre's Congo DR side for two friendly matches against Burkina Faso and Sierra Leone, over the international break. DR Congo will play Burkina Faso on Friday 23rd September and Sierra Leone on Tuesday 27th, with both games taking place in Morocco."

Sinkov loves you really Sammy.
    I do, I really do, I hope he gets it together, it was the fact that he has international experience and played in different countries that led to my disappointment in his performances, both Vinni and I were clearly expecting so much more from him. Maybe a trip to Morocco with his DR Congo team-mates will inspire him, I sincerely hope so, I've nothing against him personally and we need all the good players we can get.

Yhink many or the comments about Sabastion are a little bit harsh. I agree he has not had a massive impact but he isd better than mosy are giving credit

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "I did say after the Huddersfield game, that the only player who slightly disappointed me was Bastien, he just wasn't quite at the level I was expecting from him. I didn't see the Luton game, only the highlights, so I can't comment, but I did notice he was hooked at half-time."
    "some adapt quicker than others, but this is what worries me slightly about Bastien, he's played in Italy, he's played in Belgium, he's played for DR Congo, he's not a kid anymore, he's 26 next month. Bastien is the one I thought would adapt quickest, but he seems to be the one finding it all a bit too much."

"I have another concern about him as well, but I'll keep that to myself for the moment, wait until I've seen a bit more of him."

"I need another couple of games observing Sammy, to see if my suspicions are confirmed."

I never did get those couple more games, Vinni has obviously spotted what I had, and won't have him in the team.
    Gone, sunk without trace, shipped out on loan to Turkey. I had his card marked from the first game of the season, and be fair, I wasn't wrong about our Sammy was I.

I think most of us can agree some signings work out and some don't. Zavon Hines anybody?

I think most of us can agree some signings work out and some don't. Zavon Hines anybody?
    Some do and some don't mon ami, the astute though can pick up on it from the first game and aren't afraid of saying so, despite misgivings from certain posters such as your good self.

Some do and some don't mon ami, the astute though can pick up on it from the first game and aren't afraid of saying so, despite misgivings from certain posters such as your good self.
    A tad unfair is that sinkov. He scored at Wigan and I thought perhaps there's a footballer in there somewhere.

I got pilloried on here for saying Zavon Hines was garbage, but then again Lyle Foster was not exactly setting my boat on fire but he's now looking better than half decent.

I suppose players need time to settle but time is a mighty short commodity in League football.

A tad unfair is that sinkov. He scored at Wigan and I thought perhaps there's a footballer in there somewhere.
    Not unfair at all mon ami, at a quick count you've posted around 20 times and counting on this thread, in not a one of them have you held your hand up and said I was right about Bastien. Not in a single one. How many posts does it take for you to admit I was right all along about him, right from my first post about him, after the first game he played for us at Huddersfield ?

Not unfair at all mon ami, at a quick count you've posted around 20 times and counting on this thread, in not a one of them have you held your hand up and said I was right about Bastien. Not in a single one. How many posts does it take for you to admit I was right all along about him, right from my first post about him, after the first game he played for us at Huddersfield ?
    I have a funny feeling that you might be having to say the same about some of this summer`s signings Sinkov.That Delcroix chap looks a bit lightweight to me.I am not entirely convinced about Trafford either.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I have a funny feeling that you might be having to say the same about some of this summer`s signings Sinkov.That Delcroix chap looks a bit lightweight to me.I am not entirely convinced about Trafford either.
    Trafford worries me too, i think Muric is a far better goalie and is used to our style, a rash buy in my opnion when we could have used the cash in other areas.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)