+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Samuel Bastien

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Dont get me wrong.I think Trafford is a brilliant shot stopper and suits the VK style by playing out but he is still raw in other areas such as corners and I remember seeing him concede a goal from the half way line pre-season because he stayed too far off his line.Yes, he needs big match experience but I think he should have been introduced more steadily.I thought Muric was excellent the second half of last season.
    I think VK was peeved that Verbruggen ended up going to Brighton(who has been very impressive by the way) and wanted to make sure he got Trafford and that probably explains why they paid what seems an extraordinary amount for a keeper who had never played above League 1.
    One of my best mates shagged a bird I really fancied but I didn't pass him a grand for having the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Honestly sinkov I thought it would be nailed on if we took Trafford from Citeh at such a huge fee we'd get THB chucked in for next to nowt. That did not work out too well did it?
    It wasn't all that didn't work out too well this summer either, this weekend I've seen Hamer playing for Sheff U, Lokonga playing for Luton and Maatsen playing for Chelsea.
    We have a well respected, inspirational manager, players are supposed to be falling over themselves to play for him, we've chucked money at it, we're one of the biggest spenders in the PL this summer, but none of those three have worked out too well either have they.

Quote Originally Posted by wmdave_b View Post
    Chris I think that’s a rash posting you made. Trafford will prove to be top notch and soon. Muric was crap at first, I’m sure we can agree on that. Trafford will bloom and many other players on the same boat.
    The thing about a keeper is he’s automatically at fault for anything / everything

Imo anyway his only mistake was against Villa ( 1st goal when he should have cleared Watkins out ) other than that I really don’t think he could have done much about the goals conceded.

If he hadn’t been in goal against spurs we’d have conceded 8-9

Before we all jump on Traffords case we should have a closer look at midfield and the back line that’s where the problems / issues lie.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It wasn't all that didn't work out too well this summer either, this weekend I've seen Hamer playing for Sheff U, Lokonga playing for Luton and Maatsen playing for Chelsea.
    We have a well respected, inspirational manager, players are supposed to be falling over themselves to play for him, we've chucked money at it, we're one of the biggest spenders in the PL this summer, but none of those three have worked out too well either have they.
    Hamer looked the real deal to me and he scored, I have not seen Lokonga yet so I can't comment, I thought Maatsen was superb when he came off the bench for Chelsea but I did not appreciate him taking the pi$$ on a "celebratory" video when he refused to come back to Burnley. He's off my list of "possibles", I'll bet he's off VK's too.

Hamer looked the real deal to me and he scored, I have not seen Lokonga yet so I can't comment, I thought Maatsen was superb when he came off the bench for Chelsea but I did not appreciate him taking the pi$$ on a "celebratory" video when he refused to come back to Burnley. He's off my list of "possibles", I'll bet he's off VK's too.
    Hamer looks exactly what we want, no idea how or why we missed out on him, Lokonga looked very good for Luton but I was a bit meh about Maatsen, one good pass forward but I didn't see much else.

I thought Brownhill, Hamer and Cullen would have been a good trio in midfield with Gyokeres up top.

I wish VK would bloody listen to me!

Just on Maatsen, as it is getting a bit boring, to be honest.

I read an interview with the Finance Director at the club. They tried everything to get him. Maatsen wanted to stay at Chelsea and try his luck there. End of.

It is not just down to Burnley FC and money. Some players simply do not want to come to Burnley for their own reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Just on Maatsen, as it is getting a bit boring, to be honest.

I read an interview with the Finance Director at the club. They tried everything to get him. Maatsen wanted to stay at Chelsea and try his luck there. End of.

It is not just down to Burnley FC and money. Some players simply do not want to come to Burnley for their own reasons.
    It's a shame S_c because I thought he was one of the Championship's stand-out players last season.

Like you though S_c I guess we need to all move on.

On another topic, I still don't know why Charlie Taylor is so out of favour with VK.

We either play him or sell him at Christmas or he walks for nowt.

It's a shame S_c because I thought he was one of the Championship's stand-out players last season.

Like you though S_c I guess we need to all move on.

On another topic, I still don't know why Charlie Taylor is so out of favour with VK.

We either play him or sell him at Christmas or he walks for nowt.
    I agree BT. I always rated Charlie as one of our better players, lots of experience, put his body on the line, could get forward and put in a good cross.

VK is of the view that we have two left footers and others who can play in that position. I am not convinced about the latter. Why would we even want to play someone else there?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)