+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Ownership

Manchester United Ownership

Lot of talk in recent days about the demise of Man Utd and the way the Glazers run the club. When they purchased the club, 17 years ago now, they used the clubs own money to leverage the deal and saddled it with £600m worth debt in the process. 17 years later the club still owe £600m despite the owners regularly taking money out of the club.

Media outlets, headed by Sky Sports, are seemingly now beginning to put pressure on the Glazers to sell the club with a barrage of criticism in recent days. I have to agree that saddling the club with debt whilst purchasing it was a disgrace and is now rightly banned in England as well as many other countries. However, over those 17 years of ownership they have spent well over a billion on new players with ridiculous wages handed out to the likes of Pogba, Ronaldo etc. They clearly lack any sort of plan in the transfer market and in general which is their main problem. However, my point is, what’s the difference between the way the Glazers run MUFC versus the way Ashley ran NUFC, only using money the club generates in revenue on new players? Why is it that Ashley was treated badly but the Glazers need to go?

I'm sure both sets of fans from both clubs would concur that the Glazers and Ashley were probably the worst owners each has had in recent history or indeed ever.

Sorry but Ashley and the Glaziers are chalk and cheese. Ashley had zero ambition for success on the pitch and as a result invested the bare minimum each window, often next to nothing.
    The Glaziers are highly ambitious for success on the pitch proven by the massive amount of money they invest in players and, now, managers. They’ve had Pogba and CR7 - similar to Ashley?? I don’t think so.
    The only criticism they can take is the financial leveraging at the club but they certainly don’t seem to need to pull in the purse strings, even now.
    This is mostly a criticism formed by Man U supporters who feel it is their right to be the top side in England and who are looking for a scapegoat because they aren’t currently. They really don’t know what a bad owner is.

Glazers spent on transfers, Ashley didn't - I'd have loved to have them for 14 years instead of MA.

I think they are doing a great job, Manchester United fans are arrogant, delusional, ungrateful cnts who have been spoiled for decades. No longer the biggest tiger in the jungle and I don't think they will be again for a while.

Man-U will be lucky to stay up this season. What were they thinking of bidding for Marko Arnautovic?? Trying to bring a player with a history of disciplinary problems into an already unhappy dressing room? There never seems to be a plan there

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Glazers spent on transfers, Ashley didn't - I'd have loved to have them for 14 years instead of MA.

I think they are doing a great job, Manchester United fans are arrogant, delusional, ungrateful cnts who have been spoiled for decades. No longer the biggest tiger in the jungle and I don't think they will be again for a while.
    If they want the Glazers to sell, it begs the question of what they want from a new owner?

I’ll wait for the media criticism of ungrateful and delusional Man U fans…………..
    Last edited by toptoon; 10-08-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    If they want the Glazers to sell, it begs the question of what they want from a new owner?

I’ll wait for the media criticism of ungrateful and delusional Man U fans…………..
    That's what a lot of the media used to say about us when we gave Fatso stick.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    That's what a lot of the media used to say about us when we gave Fatso stick.
    For sure. Shoe on the other foot now isn't it?

And we should remind them of it at every turn.

i saw one top media spot this morning saying the Glasers got a £700m loan to buy the club and they still owe £700m and its on the club.

Well BOO ****ING HOO!!! welcome to our world, you over privileged, spoiled media darling ****ers!

Its a crying shame a small club up north is feeling they are not getting the respect they deserve

difference is, our fans are local and loyal

Local and loyal says it all Tanya. I read, ages ago on an American site which was doing a bit on UK "soccer" fans, that Citeh, even in their lean years before the money came in, had something like 50% more local supporters than Manure.

As an aside they concluded that our fans and Liverpool's were the most naturally loyal in the UK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)