+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Heatwave weather [Re. Climate Opinions/Handbags]

Jampie, from reports and graphs I have seen and read, as I have posted earlier in this thread, show there is no correlation between Co2 levels and temperatures.
    I think EP was right in that you have to go with a gut feel for the climate debate, and mine is that we as humans cannot control nature.
    magpie_mania, I am glad you are thankful for the vaccine. I will not be taking the option of further jabs even though I am considered extremely vulnerable. The great thing is, they have stopped banning people from doing things if not fully jabbed up. Freedom of choice and opinion is to be cherished.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Jampie, from reports and graphs I have seen and read, as I have posted earlier in this thread, show there is no correlation between Co2 levels and temperatures.
    I think EP was right in that you have to go with a gut feel for the climate debate, and mine is that we as humans cannot control nature.
    We have more than guts so why don't you try educating yourself instead?

There's a massive scientific consensus supporting climate change caused by human activities. It's long since passed beyond debate. Like the flat-earthers, opinion to the contrary is just laughable. We're dealing with FACTS here not 'opinion'.

FFS, even the BBC have stopped giving airtime to climate change denial (those poor far-right think tanks must be struggling to get their bungs from the big energy and oil companies)

And we have evidence of humans wreaking havoc with the natural world across the globe and all around us. And the scale has reached warping the climate itself. In that sense, human's 'control nature'.

AC, I consider myself to have become educated on the subject and don't take well to being patronized. Our views differ, and neither of us are likely to change our views. There is little or no debate on msn as they don't seem to like differing views any more.
    You use the BBC as if they are experts in climate change, but they are the chief scare mongers with the angry red maps which used to be a green colour years ago when the temperatures were the same as now.
    The fact you bring politics into the discussion says it all. Do you not think money is being made from wind turbines and solar panels, probably by the same people that got rich from oil and gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    AC, I consider myself to have become educated on the subject and don't take well to being patronized. Our views differ, and neither of us are likely to change our views. There is little or no debate on msn as they don't seem to like differing views any more.
    You use the BBC as if they are experts in climate change, but they are the chief scare mongers with the angry red maps which used to be a green colour years ago when the temperatures were the same as now.
    The fact you bring politics into the discussion says it all. Do you not think money is being made from wind turbines and solar panels, probably by the same people that got rich from oil and gas.
    Have you looked at this?

https://earth.org/data_visualization...limate-change/

... earth atmosphere: 78% nitrogen; 21% oxygen; 1% other, including 0.04% CO2. If you think all the feeble combined forces of man are any match v the sun, earth's orbit, axis you're deluded. Yes, we probably have climate change/getting warmer now; but in the 1970's, scientists were panicking about a probable ice age. They know sweet f all, other than to chase the money which too stupid, ignorant politicians give them just to look good. Yes, we should do our best to minimise waste and operate more efficiently. Doesn't seem to bother the Chinese who continue to r.pe the planet. When they get worried, look out!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Very well presented information. Obviously there will still be denialists regardless of the presentation of scientific data and hard evidence but that page does a good job of making things plain for those with an open mind.

Yet more claims and accusations of patronising posts and behaviour from a variety of sources!

Well I never on NCM to boot?!#viva

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yet more claims and accusations of patronising posts and behaviour from a variety of sources!

Well I never on NCM to boot?!#viva
    Anything to say on climate change, or is it just another attempt to turn an interesting thread into a petty squabble?

#hypocrite

That link does sound like Greta's blah blah blah in reverse. The coral reef scaremongering has already been debunked, the bleaching is cyclical as has just been proved as the barrier reef has just grown back stronger than before.
    I remember the experts/scientists models for covid and how far off beam were they 🤣
    It is all about control of the people.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast