+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Heatwave weather [Re. Climate Opinions/Handbags]

I hereby nail my colours to the mast.

Homo sapiens are releasing zillions of tons of CO2 & other GGs into the earth's atmosphere over a (geological time period speaking) blink of an eye. People who do not think that this is going to have any effect IMHO are stark raving mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post

Homo sapiens are releasing zillions of tons of CO2 & other GGs into the earth's atmosphere over a (geological time period speaking) blink of an eye. People who do not think that this is going to have any effect IMHO are stark raving mad.
    This 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post

Of course it will have some effect, it's not going to end the world though is it.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Of course it will have some effect, it's not going to end the world though is it.
    It could contribute to the end of the world as we know it, though. I mean if some parts of the earth become uninhabitable, where will all those people go? Look at cities like Lagos - not far off 20 million people live there. If sea levels rise, it could displace most of those people. That's just one example.

Like I said in a previous post, I have no idea where all of this is going and how much of it we are responsible for. But it wouldn't take much for the world to change beyond recognition. And it won't be the actual rise in temperature that gets most people, it will be the geopolitical chain of events that follow.

From the research I have done, the amount of Co2 in the atmosphere does not correlate to the temperature of the planet, going back over millions of years.
    It is obvious we need to find a renewable, effective energy source, the cleaner the better, (as oil and gas are not infinite) to be able to survive on this planet. Whether this will control temperatures to the level we desire is doubtful.
    There have been times in the past, when human life would not have been possible, from both high and low temperatures.
    I think humans can be a bit arrogant in thinking we can change the forces of nature, whether through good intention or political reasons.

Regards
    Stark staring mad

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It could contribute to the end of the world as we know it, though. I mean if some parts of the earth become uninhabitable, where will all those people go?

Yes, as WE know it, that's what this is really about, it's not about saving the planet it's about saving the human race, but what do we actually mean by that? What does that look like?

Is saving the 1% saving the human race?

Saving everyone would be Miss World speech territory, unicorns and rainbows.

So it becomes a game of "you go first" with the civilisation that does nothing and continues to thrive inheriting what the civilisation that falls leaves behind.

Another problem is, if the effect we've had on the climate has been as great as some claim, the effect of us not having done what we've done would have been equally significant, we could have had large parts of the planet becoming uninhabitable under ice instead.
    When we talk about climate or environment we're basically talking about everything we know with everything interconnected - Chain reactions resulting from the smallest of interventions with unforeseen consequences. We're literally trying to make a prediction about everything..
    It's really not beyond the boundaries of possibility to suggest that we could make things worse by trying to intervene.

I'm not sure why there is still a debate going on about how best we can handle it and what not to do...They are all pointless has I posted earlier on these threads I have solved it..
    World crisis is over,that is all

If the temperature is steadily rising though as that graph posted shows and we're heading towards destruction, do we just sit back and say oh well or do we try and at least do something that might help. Stating it was hot in 1976 numerous times as has been done all over social media last 2 months isn't really helping. Even if the measures we take are, as Magpies 59 states, a better energy source (ie wind) then we need to get on with doing it which I still thinks comes under the topic of climate change/saving the planet. Also water is going to become a battle ground over haves and have nots, this also needs addressing. The war in Ukraine added to the temperature rise has shown how fragile our system is,this is another area that needs work. I still think if people try and be as conscious as they can about their own actions (which agreed is a drop in the ocean to a countries actions) then that's a good thing.

... greetings all ... if you're interested enough get the book 'There is no climate crisis' by David Craig. I suspect many if not most have been conned by the science lobby who are part of the WEF, et al, scam to keep us all living in fear as a means of control ( ... do as we say mob). There is no way on this earth that the rise in temperature produced by CO2 /humans can compete with the effects of the forces of natural climate change. It suits the scientists as it enable them to con politicians (covid anyone?). It suits the politicians who feed on calamity. It suits the media the same way; and lazy commentators who won't look back far enough in case it stops a good story.
    Just saying, like ...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I'm not sure why there is still a debate going on about how best we can handle it and what not to do...They are all pointless has I posted earlier on these threads I have solved it..
    World crisis is over,that is all
    Mirrors in space, Pedro. Problem solved. You heard it here first.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast