+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Heatwave weather [Re. Climate Opinions/Handbags]

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I still think if people try and be as conscious as they can about their own actions (which agreed is a drop in the ocean to a countries actions) then that's a good thing.
    Ironically, I've probably contributed less than most to global warming having never flown, not owned a car, being vegetarian since mid-20s, not having the heating on unless absolutely necessary and being the type who doesn't leave things switched on or on standby.

I think it would be an idea to drop the standing charge or offer some reward to people who use less than a certain amount of gas/electric per month and increase the amount charged per unit each time you go above various thresholds. It's an assumption, but I suspect a lot of people are very wasteful. I see neighbours with their windows wide open in winter when they must have the heating on, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... greetings all ... if you're interested enough get the book 'There is no climate crisis' by David Craig. I suspect many if not most have been conned by the science lobby who are part of the WEF, et al, scam to keep us all living in fear as a means of control ( ... do as we say mob). There is no way on this earth that the rise in temperature produced by CO2 /humans can compete with the effects of the forces of natural climate change. It suits the scientists as it enable them to con politicians (covid anyone?). It suits the politicians who feed on calamity. It suits the media the same way; and lazy commentators who won't look back far enough in case it stops a good story.
    Just saying, like ...
    If it is about using climate change as another excuse for introducing control and compliance, it's no wonder the Chinese aren't interested, they already have that.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yes, as WE
    When we talk about climate or environment we're basically talking about everything we know with everything interconnected - Chain reactions resulting from the smallest of interventions with unforeseen consequences. We're literally trying to make a prediction about everything..
    It's really not beyond the boundaries of possibility to suggest that we could make things worse by trying to intervene.
    I agree with this. People talk about 'saving the environment' without even having the faintest idea of what 'the environment' is. It sounds so easy, but it isn't. As you say, it's not a simple machine or process where you can just alter a few variables and solve everything. It's unimaginably complex and dynamic. It seems to be way beyond our current capabilities to effectively model or understand such a complex system, so how do we go about 'fixing' it?

Besides, if we really are the driving force behind rising temperatures, I'd imagine there's a serious lag between action and outcome. Things will continue to get worse for perhaps decades, even if we changed everything for the better now, whatever that would mean.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... greetings all ... if you're interested enough get the book 'There is no climate crisis' by David Craig. .
    You might as well read a book about climate change by Craig David…

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If it is about using climate change as another excuse for introducing control and compliance, it's no wonder the Chinese aren't interested, they already have that.
    Have you noticed road speeds being reduced around Nottinghamshire a lot 40mph going down to 30mph, take a look below at what else they are lining up for us

Patronising as ever BFP.
    I am far more concerned about the WEF than the climate, look up Klaus Scwab, there is a wannabe Bond villain if ever I saw one. Ignore at your peril.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Mirrors in space, Pedro. Problem solved. You heard it here first.
    What a preposterous idea ! Nobody would remotely want to shave or brush their hair in the space! As I pointed out strapping rocket boosters to planet Earth is the solution...just waiting for the IWO to confirm it..!

Great video macstop, people need making aware of this, it is nowt to do with saving the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    What a preposterous idea ! Nobody would remotely want to shave or brush their hair in the space! As I pointed out strapping rocket boosters to planet Earth is the solution...just waiting for the IWO to confirm it..!
    An astronaut might. We could arrange a load of solar panels round the outside of the mirrors as well, free energy! In my experience, strap-ons tend to provide a less than satisfactory solution, so that's a no-go.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Great video macstop, people need making aware of this, it is nowt to do with saving the planet.
    Thank you, and your post about the WEF, it is spot on, in fact anyone voting in the next election should make sure your candidate has no affiliation to any second party.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast