+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Heatwave weather [Re. Climate Opinions/Handbags]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    You cannot simply accept the majority opinion on anything - because the majority may yet be wrong.
    True. The (small) majority voted for Brexit, and it really frustrates me that the awful effect it has had can be masked by such as Covid and Ukraine. Another majority (really a minority) voted for Boris Johnson to be our leader. How did that one work out?

You cannot simply accept the majority opinion on anything - because the majority may yet be wrong.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Like climate change. Oh the ironing.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Like climate change. Oh the ironing.
    Sorry to offer an alternative viewpoint to you again, but has the climate change theory been proved wrong yet? My gut feeling is that it's genuine, based mainly on the changes I've seen in my lifetime. Even if it isn't true, out of respect for future generations shouldn't we err on the side of caution? I'd rather my grandkids and their kids look back and think we did too much rather than too little.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Sorry to offer an alternative viewpoint to you again, but has the climate change theory been proved wrong yet? My gut feeling is that it's genuine, based mainly on the changes I've seen in my lifetime. Even if it isn't true, out of respect for future generations shouldn't we err on the side of caution? I'd rather my grandkids and their kids look back and think we did too much rather than too little.
    I agree with you totally. The changes we have seen are clear.

I was unsure at one time about climate change so I did some basic reading. I now understand how the greenhouse effect works, how it's caused by CO2 emissions and other gasses etc.

A big concern is that the countries most causing climate change are the least affected, while many countries, e.g. In Africa are severely being impacted but their emissions are minimal.

The Met Office website has a very simple guide to climate change. Hardly a controversial site, seems pretty factual to me

metoffice.gov.uk/weather/climate-change/what-is-climate-change

EP you say yourself your gut feeling is that climate change (man made, I assume) is genuine. My gut feeling is that it isn't genuine.
    I do believe the climate is changing as it has done since time began, and it has been cold enough or hot enough in the past to kill off human life, and will no doubt in the future.
    Do you believe if 'Net Zero' or 'Carbon Neutral' is achieved we will be able to keep the world thermostat at the optimum for ever more.
    Carbon levels have risen and lowered in the atmosphere, with no correlation to temperstures, way before human life, giving an uninhabitable climate, so is likely to happen whatever we do to control the level.
    I believe nature is far greater than mankind.
    I see this current hysteria as a means of controlling people. China already have that over their people, so are laughing as they produce cheaper energy using coal.
    This is buying them time to build nuclear power stations for cleaner energy in the future, which is what we should be doing, along side any other form of affordable renewable energy, by which time the country will be under Sharia Law 🤣🤣🤣😋

EP you say yourself your gut feeling is that climate change (man made, I assume) is genuine. My gut feeling is that it isn't genuine.
    I do believe the climate is changing as it has done since time began, and it has been cold enough or hot enough in the past to kill off human life, and will no doubt in the future.
    Do you believe if 'Net Zero' or 'Carbon Neutral' is achieved we will be able to keep the world thermostat at the optimum for ever more.
    Carbon levels have risen and lowered in the atmosphere, with no correlation to temperstures, way before human life, giving an uninhabitable climate, so is likely to happen whatever we do to control the level.
    I believe nature is far greater than mankind.
    I see this current hysteria as a means of controlling people. China already have that over their people, so are laughing as they produce cheaper energy using coal.
    This is buying them time to build nuclear power stations for cleaner energy in the future, which is what we should be doing, along side any other form of affordable renewable energy, by which time the country will be under Sharia Law 🤣🤣🤣😋
    You obviously can have your own opinion, but who is it that you feel are controlling people, and for what reason?

Bill Gates, Klaus Schwab, the WEF and WHO. The reason is power and control.

I fear for the future more with these people around than the climate. Just my opinions.

Bill Gates, Klaus Schwab, the WEF and WHO. The reason is power and control.
    Precisely in what way for instance is Bill Gates exerting his power and control to our detriment?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Climate Change is a Theory not because people don't really have a clue and have just picked that and are waiting for something better to come along. In science a Theory differs from a scientific fact or scientific law in that a theory explains "why" or "how": a fact is a simple, basic observation, whereas a law is a statement (often a mathematical equation) about a relationship between facts. For example, Newton’s Law of Gravity is a mathematical equation that can be used to predict the attraction between bodies, but it is not a theory to explain how gravity works.

Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast