+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Haugton?

Nick Haugton?

Apparently Notts are interested I’ve just seen on another site no idea where he’s currently playing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Apparently Notts are interested I’ve just seen on another site no idea where he’s currently playing etc.
    Assume it’s…

The 2021-22 #NationalLeague North Player of the Year, as voted by the fans, is @AFCFylde player Nick Haughton.

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    Assume it’s…

The 2021-22 #NationalLeague North Player of the Year, as voted by the fans, is @AFCFylde player Nick Haughton.
    Scored 5 in 7 so far this season for Fylde. Though doesn’t fit the model in terms of players that can be developed and potentially sold on. Not convinced this will happen as appears to be same type of player as Rubes and Austin

If Ruben goes in January he might be the replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Scored 5 in 7 so far this season for Fylde. Though doesn’t fit the model in terms of players that can be developed and potentially sold on. Not convinced this will happen as appears to be same type of player as Rubes and Austin
    Or maybe get him on the cheap if his contract is running out...!?

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ex...ic-midfielder/

Reading that would indicate to me that if we are indeed serious about him, we will attempt to sign him sooner rather than later. There is no point waiting until January and ending up in a bidding war in addition to competing with EFL clubs - regardless of how **** some of them are as clubs.

Reading that would indicate to me that if we are indeed serious about him, we will attempt to sign him sooner rather than later. There is no point waiting until January and ending up in a bidding war in addition to competing with EFL clubs - regardless of how **** some of them are as clubs.
    I think that if we were to sign him or his ilk before the FL transfer window opens then Ruben is on his way.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I think that if we were to sign him or his ilk before the FL transfer window opens then Ruben is on his way.
    Seems strange if true. Given the window has literally just closed. I think it’s more to do with next season rather than January for Notts. It seems clear as day that Ruben is 99% gone and is likely to sign a pre-contract at another club in January, but will see out his contract at Notts.
    The way Williams spoke about Ruben last week suggests to me that some decent clubs have enquired about Ruben, and haven’t met our valuation of him. I’m glad we have stuck to our guns and kept him. I’m also glad that Ruben is as committed as ever.

Seems strange if true. Given the window has literally just closed. I think it’s more to do with next season rather than January for Notts. It seems clear as day that Ruben is 99% gone and is likely to sign a pre-contract at another club in January, but will see out his contract at Notts.
    The way Williams spoke about Ruben last week suggests to me that some decent clubs have enquired about Ruben, and haven’t met our valuation of him. I’m glad we have stuck to our guns and kept him. I’m also glad that Ruben is as committed as ever.
    He'll be gone in January - probably to Posh for around 50k + sell on clause. A good season or two with them and he could net us a more substantial sum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast