+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Heatwave weather [Re. Climate Opinions/Handbags]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    In my experience, strap-ons tend to provide a less than satisfactory solution, so that's a no-go.
    There are quite a few ladies of a Sapphic persuasion who would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Patronising as ever BFP.
    I am far more concerned about the WEF than the climate, look up Klaus Scwab, there is a wannabe Bond villain if ever I saw one. Ignore at your peril.
    Huge apologies for being patronising to someone who recommends a book about climate change written by a er management consultant.

As for the WEF nonsense, I know from your other posts that you’ve been taken in by every right wing conman, grifter, and charlatan going, so with the greatest of respect, I’ll take your warnings about Klaus Schwab with a huge dollop of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Patronising as ever BFP.......
    Are you sure???

Laddo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

... none so blind, eh?

They say timing is everything, so thank you 1959

It said this in a news report today I read about the drought:

Scientists say the likelihood of droughts occurring is becoming higher due to climate change, driven by greenhouse gas emissions from burning fossil fuels and other human activities.

Now I just think it's interesting that people normally listen to the experts but not when they don't agree with it. So most business leaders (experts on business) in the UK said Brexit was economic suicide to which people who wanted leave said was scaremongering. Now we can see it wasn't, the rest of the deals we can sign up with the world won't cover what we've lost and our growth forecast is second worst only to Russia. When you get really ill through accident or disease then you go to the experts in that field, the hospital, consultants and GPS. When you have an insect infestation you go to the experts rentokill. Same for a complex plumbing issue or electrical fault. Why are some people so quick to discredit the experts on the climate, doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It said this in a news report today I read about the drought:

Scientists say the likelihood of droughts occurring is becoming higher due to climate change, driven by greenhouse gas emissions from burning fossil fuels and other human activities.
    Not helped by those charged with providing water getting rid of reservoirs! No wonder there is a distrust of "experts".

"Oh, let's sell off a reservoir for more housing development and make more profit, what can possibly go wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Why are some people so quick to discredit the experts on the climate, doesn't make sense.
    Because it means fundamental changes to the way we live, organise and govern ourselves, and this has been freaking out the vested interests that rule this world for quite some time....so deny, delay, say black is white for as long as possible. Now even the likes of the Mail are aware of how ridiculous the denial is so the obfuscation and sowing of confusion moves on to the response and how to deal with it.

Thing is, unfettered free markets will lead us to destruction not prosperity. Another reason why the economic philosophy they've been peddling for the last 40 years has been such a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Huge apologies for being patronising to someone who recommends a book about climate change written by a er management consultant.
    That's the problem, if you type 'climate change' into Google you will easily find a million articles saying it's threatening the future of the planet and a million articles saying it's all a load of bollox. So who is right? My views are based entirely on my time on the planet which is in excess of 60 years. A minuscule time in the big picture, but enough to see definite changes. Summers are hotter and drier, winters are milder, and extremes such as high winds and floods are more frequent. Whether this is short term and naturally cyclical I don't know. What I do know is that because I have kids and grandkids I would err on the side of caution. Even if it turns out to be wrong, we need to act now.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast