+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Nemane Right

Getting Nemane Right

Tom Williams casts an analytical eye over Aaron Nemane and the Frenchman's transition from winger to wing back . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...g-nemane-right

Informative as ever great work from Tom. Certainly sounds like he's improving and impressing the more he plays.

Not sure how many on here would have had Nemane down as a regular starter at the start of this season, let alone a regular starter at wing back.

Is he now no longer the "10 minute wonder" we repeatedly read on here? Or is it too early to draw that conclusion?

Strange one. He obviously has quality and performed well at Torquay. Just never got going here. Seems to have turned the corner under LW. I can't possibly think why he didn't perform last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Strange one. He obviously has quality and performed well at Torquay. Just never got going here. Seems to have turned the corner under LW. I can't possibly think why he didn't perform last season.
    If I remember correctly, Burchnall played him 1 half against Torquay at home in the position he is playing now (2nd half in a game we went 1-1 against 10 men). And that was more or less the last we saw of him in that role. He was picked from time to time in 4-2-3-1 (like at Halifax) in the wide attacking roles but was never given a run.

Burchnall didn't rate or value him much, gave few opportunities, so no wonder he couldn't find his confidence or form.

Right wing-back is a killer though, he's bound to hit a rough patch, TAR will take over, then have a rough patch himself and Nemane will come back. I can see it going like that.

But it's very difficult to give everyone enough opportunities to find confidence or form. That's the problem with only XI starting places and a competitive squad.

Oh and you should never change a winning team

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    But it's very difficult to give everyone enough opportunities to find confidence or form. That's the problem with only XI starting places and a competitive squad.

Oh and you should never change a winning team
    Particularly when Roberts and Richardson were his competition. I think most of us could agree he was and still is, 3rd best if that trio.
    I hope he continues his upward curve.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Tom Williams casts an analytical eye over Aaron Nemane and the Frenchman's transition from winger to wing back . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...g-nemane-right
    Who’s claiming that headline? Superb!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Particularly when Roberts and Richardson were his competition. I think most of us could agree he was and still is, 3rd best if that trio.
    I hope he continues his upward curve.
    Think about this though...

1) When he was signed (by the recruitment team) he was introduced as the new wing-back
    2) Burchnall plays him for 1 half there, then writes him off as a wing back option
    3) We struggle with DKE there, no goals, assists, entries to the final third
    4) He has to be replaced by a Championship loanee, who does well, but ends up 'pushing' us out of the play offs
    5) Nemane proves himself as a more than serviceable wing-back as soon as Burchnall leaves

If he does continue the upward curve, holds the place down all season and we do well, then the club, and recruitment team in particular, might be feeling a bit peeved about 1-4 above!

Interesting points AC but non address it's very difficult to give everyone enough opportunities to find confidence or form, there are always an example or examples where players don't do enough or aren't given enough chances to impress.

1) Didn't Nemane play as a traditional winger rather than a wing back for them? If so there would automatically be uncertainty and the unknown about how he would do at that position.
    2)Only one half is premature even by NCM standards
    3)Totally agree that DKE just didn't fit the role of wing back, his strengths suited playing full back. Kelton was right IMO he just wasn't good enough, yet he was fully committed a fan favourite and plenty were disappointed we let him go. I wasn't.
    4)Notts78 nailed it regarding Richardson who started fantastically well and was a revelation although declined a little later in the season he secured the RWB spot.
    5) Although early days LW sees something in him that IB didn't, which was clearly a choice. I'm sure many fans would agree last season that Nemane isn't suited to play wing back.

It's all about opinions, the key part for fans should be that he's gone from a '10 minute wonder' to a regular starter, praise must go to both Nemane and the coaches. Let's hope he progresses from serviceable to effective whichever role he undertakes. He could be our most improved player of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Interesting points AC but non address it's very difficult to give everyone enough opportunities to find confidence or form, there are always an example or examples where players don't do enough or aren't given enough chances to impress.

1) Didn't Nemane play as a traditional winger rather than a wing back for them? If so there would automatically be uncertainty and the unknown about how he would do at that position.
    2)Only one half is premature even by NCM standards
    3)Totally agree that DKE just didn't fit the role of wing back, his strengths suited playing full back. Kelton was right IMO he just wasn't good enough, yet he was fully committed a fan favourite and plenty were disappointed we let him go. I wasn't.
    4)Notts78 nailed it regarding Richardson who started fantastically well and was a revelation although declined a little later in the season he secured the RWB spot.
    5) Although early days LW sees something in him that IB didn't, which was clearly a choice. I'm sure many fans would agree last season that Nemane isn't suited to play wing back.

It's all about opinions, the key part for fans should be that he's gone from a '10 minute wonder' to a regular starter, praise must go to both Nemane and the coaches. Let's hope he progresses from serviceable to effective whichever role he undertakes. He could be our most improved player of the season.
    The issue with Nemane that nobody appears to have mentioned is that he is made of glass. And he was also made of glass at Torquay. Its fantastic he's made a great start but I hope people are prepared for an inevitable injury which on the basis of his history should not be too far away. He's got about 100 appearances under his belt in 5 or 6 seasons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast