+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Heatwave weather [Re. Climate Opinions/Handbags]

O/T:- Heatwave weather [Re. Climate Opinions/Handbags]

Just thought I would open up this thread to say people are allowed differing opinions on the climate and there is no need to patronise people for having a different one to your own.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-08-2022 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Added off-topic prefix and detail for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Just thought I would open up this thread to say people are allowed differing opinions on the climate and there is no need to patronise people for having a different one to your own.
    Unnecessary IMO but I would suggest you add O/T to the title to reduce the risk of folks accidently seeing blatant patronisation and horribly ill-informed opinions.

Are you suggesting that someone on here patronises others because they have a different opinion?

I'll have to have a look later and see if I can spot anyone who fits the bill!

Like night follows day lol

Someone or some people? You've got to be naïve beyond words to believe it's the former.

Surely only the most blinkered would hold such an opinion?

No further comment, will leave the O/T threads to the wise old heads of NCM.

Can I start a flat earth thread for alternative 'opinions'? I'll mark it OT.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Can I start a flat earth thread for alternative 'opinions'? I'll mark it OT.
    Yes, go for it!

Hmm, in general Mr 59, pot, kettle?

The problem with this debate - as with virtually all debates these days - is that it becomes a black-and-white issue. People end up pushed into one of two camps. Climate change either doesn't exist or it's the biggest issue ever and we're all doomed. There's no room for nuance. Worse still, people's view on climate change is often an extension of their political outlook - right-wing conservatives are generally climate change deniers, while left-wing liberals are generally climate change believers. It's all part of the uniform. All of which makes it hard to sincerely search for the truth.

I have no idea what's going on. The climate does seem to be changing, but then it has always changed. Are we responsible for the change or not? No idea. I'm sure I could cherry-pick data to prove either suggestion.

One thing is for certain though: the powers that be love harnessing 'the latest thing' to drive their agenda, which almost always means more power to them and less to everyone else. That's what makes me wary of widescale sweeping changes brought in under the guise of 'saving the planet.'

And that's another problem. Trust in governments is surely at an all-time low. To the point where if they tell us to do something for our own good, many people - including me - will think, 'yeah right.'

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

I have no idea what's going on. The climate does seem to be changing, but then it has always changed. '
    Exactly. Look where we are now (see below) FFS. This is not about saving the planet.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast