+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Port Vale Post Match Thoughts

Just looked up Carabao Cup prize money. Wow, it is, er, pathetic.

Compete in round 1 - £5,000
    Round 2 - £7,000
    Round 3 - £10,000 and so on.

You don't get money for winning as such (kind of do) but everyone gets the amount mentioned if you compete in said round.

You only get 100k if you win the final! No wonder teams don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Just looked up Carabao Cup prize money. Wow, it is, er, pathetic.

Compete in round 1 - £5,000
    Round 2 - £7,000
    Round 3 - £10,000 and so on.

You don't get money for winning as such (kind of do) but everyone gets the amount mentioned if you compete in said round.

You only get 100k if you win the final! No wonder teams don't bother.
    Might just indicate why some championship teams waved their opponents through….I suppose you get gate receipts which are not budgeted for and extra income and also the lure of playing a big club….but I suppose there is Costs of holding the game….all in all it’s not really a money spinner..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Might just indicate why some championship teams waved their opponents through….I suppose you get gate receipts which are not budgeted for and extra income and also the lure of playing a big club….but I suppose there is Costs of holding the game….all in all it’s not really a money spinner..
    Pretty much. The away team gets 45% of ticket sales, like in the FA Cup. Big away game, albeit with reduced ticket prices, could be a decent earner. But apart from that it is surprisingly woeful.

Playing in the EFL Cup is probably in the terms and conditions of being an EFL member so they consider they are already paying clubs for their services.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234