+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ot bills

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So all those coal reserves that can be burned clean and you’re saying good riddance? Or do you mean good riddance to the Union?

See Avondale’s post, Germany are going back to burn more coal.
    Carbon capture is not a viable technology and never will be. It's a red herring trailed by organisations that have a vested interest in giving the appearance of respectability to the continuation of carbon based energy production.

Give an example of a successful, economically viable, large scale carbon capture project. Anywhere in the world will do if that assists you.

Germany are indeed backsliding on coal. That kind of thing happens when a country allies itself to get addicted to Russian gas and makes a premature decision to abandon nuclear.

There's nothing wrong with CO2, it's greening the deserts in Africa.

Why are you in favour of re-desertification?

Why is carbon a dirty word? We're made of carbon.

Why does anyone listen to eco-fanatics like the wild-eyed raving lunatic George Monbiot?
    Last edited by great_fire; 12-08-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Is Monbiot on the same 'troofer' hit list as Bill Gates these days?

There's nothing 'wrong' with carbon save that we are putting so much into the atmosphere that were are altering it's physical charcteristics and threatening to render this planet unable to sustain life as we currenlty know and live it. That's all. Nothing much.

P..s. we are mostly water, but if you alter the characteristics of what you breathe by placing your held underwater and taking deep breaths you will quickly find yourself with problems. That we are made of carbon so its ok has to be one of the daftest of the points that you have made over the years, but I bet it sounded great when you read it. Which websites do you use for your 'news', gf? I think we should be told.

I saw Monbiot on an Irish TV programme, he wanted to stop all livestock farming, he's a fanatic and as well as saying crazy things he looks crazy too, look at his eyes, he's manic.

Too much bad science circulating

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Too much bad science circulating
    Where specifically is the bad science you're referring to? And who would you point to as being a reliably good, well evidenced scientist on climate change?

I'd be interested in Fire's answer to this also.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Where specifically is the bad science you're referring to? And who would you point to as being a reliably good, well evidenced scientist on climate change?

I'd be interested in Fire's answer to this also.
    That's how science research works

To get funding research has to be in the current eye of the public, so "bandwagons" are jumped on and claims are made where there is often not enough research being done and not enough data to really prove a point

Folks pick up on snippets to suit their own agenda.

Methane for example we know quite a bit about that, but what about the other alkanes, butane to pick one. We know very little about butane because not much research is done on it.

Or the artificial sweetner aspartame, widely used but effectively known long term effects are still guesswork

So by bad science I really mean "not enough known" and unverified but that doesn't stop it being widely circulated on the internet.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789