+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot bills

Ot bills

Cancel direct debits to leccy etc. You got kids or disabled or pensioners, they can't cut you off. Winter is going to be shocking

They won't cut you off. They'll get a warrant to enter your home and install a pre-payment meter on which you will pay signicantly more than a Direct Debit tariff.

Great shot to the foot

I agree that winter is going to be shocking. I can't see how many people are going to meet the bills

Need to cut the VAT and/or pause the Green levies which add 12% to the cost.

Sunak says he will do the former and Truss the latter so it's not going to be quite as bad as they're predicting but it's still going to be bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Need to cut the VAT and/or pause the Green levies which add 12% to the cost.

Sunak says he will do the former and Truss the latter so it's not going to be quite as bad as they're predicting but it's still going to be bad enough.
    No action you might suggest about redirecting the huge profits made by energy giants made though, no?

Why do this or any government allow any utility company to decimate, humiliate and drive any human being to suffer such turmoil with such demanding fees?

Why are the government not imposing massive windfall taxes not only on utility companies but every fleecing not enough tax paying leaching ****s that suck the life from the UK?

Utility companies have to pay the market price for gas and electric. If they don't pass it on to their customers they go bust - just like many did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Utility companies have to pay the market price for gas and electric. If they don't pass it on to their customers they go bust - just like many did last year.
    Give up man, they are making millions over and above and please don’t blame Russia or the Ukraine thing! Every two hat is using that scenario just to hike everything. I shop for my household and I’ve seen big price hikes on goods that aren’t affected by what I’ve mentioned so why is that?

Yeah, it's great this cheap renewable energy eh?.........what they sell at the prices set on the International markets......why didn't the Governments set a limit when they applied to build all these windmills? After all wasn't they built and costed out at a far lower price per unit years ago?
    ......................unbelieveable Jeff

Utility companies are making very little. As I mentioned, numerous such companies went bust last year when prices started to rise.

The Ukraine/Russia conflict is a factor in the rising cost of several commodities. Ignoring that is a bit silly

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Yeah, it's great this cheap renewable energy eh?.........what they sell at the prices set on the International markets......why didn't the Governments set a limit when they applied to build all these windmills? After all wasn't they built and costed out at a far lower price per unit years ago?
    ......................unbelieveable Jeff
    Renewables are now the cheapest form of energy by far. We should be grateful for the solar and wind that we have access to.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast