+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Loan Ranger

Another Loan Ranger

Nathan Tella from Southampton seems to be close.

I read this rumour before sinkov and did not think there would be much in it...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...rs/ar-AA10wHSb

It seems there is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I read this rumour before sinkov and did not think there would be much in it...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...rs/ar-AA10wHSb

It seems there is.
    All these incomings mon ami, the demands that we sign a striker as priority, reminds me of one of the many citicisms I've read recently about Sean, he wouldn't play the kds, he didn't give youth a chance. Now because of injuries to Twine and Jay, youth is given a chance, Costelloe gets to play, we do OK, a win and a draw, but the fans aren't happy, they want a ready made striker bought in now.

When we're in the PL arguably the strongest league in world football, the manager is criticised for not playing kids, now we're down a level and yet the fans don't want to see kids in the team, they want the manager to sign a striker. I don't get it, what happened to give youth a chance ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    All these incomings mon ami, the demands that we sign a striker as priority, reminds me of one of the many citicisms I've read recently about Sean, he wouldn't play the kds, he didn't give youth a chance. Now because of injuries to Twine and Jay, youth is given a chance, Costelloe gets to play, we do OK, a win and a draw, but the fans aren't happy, they want a ready made striker bought in now.

When we're in the PL arguably the strongest league in world football, the manager is criticised for not playing kids, now we're down a level and yet the fans don't want to see kids in the team, they want the manager to sign a striker. I don't get it, what happened to give youth a chance ?
    I have no idea how Richardson goes on in training sinkov, nor have I any idea if he is "driven" to play first team football, Kompany seems to think he isn't, funnily enough neither did SD.

I vividly recall Lochhead and Irvine playing in our illustrious reserve team in the early 60's, you just knew before long they would be hitting the big time.

Maybe I'm living in the nostalgic past but I just don't get that sense of determination to succeed anymore, McNeil was not happy even though he had made it. Dare I hope Costelloe might break the mould?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Come on BT if we had a youth player who stepped in and was banging goals in there would be no problem at all , all that’s happened is people can see we are very good up to the last third and that’s where it keeps breaking down , hence wee need a goal scorer.

I for one would like a lot more of our youth to play but firstly they have to be ready and good enough as with all football nowadays time is money and regardless of us playing it down I think they’d really like to get back to the premiership ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Come on BT if we had a youth player who stepped in and was banging goals in there would be no problem at all , all that’s happened is people can see we are very good up to the last third and that’s where it keeps breaking down , hence wee need a goal scorer.

I for one would like a lot more of our youth to play but firstly they have to be ready and good enough as with all football nowadays time is money and regardless of us playing it down I think they’d really like to get back to the premiership ASAP.
    Harris, Pointer, Connelly, Morgan, Coates, Thomas, Brian O'Neil, James et al knocked on the first team door hard enough to get the chance army88 and then took it.

What was the magic ingredient we had back then that we don't have anymore?

Quality and ability maybe.

Harris, Pointer, Connelly, Morgan, Coates, Thomas, Brian O'Neil, James et al knocked on the first team door hard enough to get the chance army88 and then took it.

Losing our Cat One status won't have helped, I see a couple of our young lads have refused new contracts and jumped ship already.

What's Missing? Desire to win and fear of failure. They just are not hungry enough to make it most of them. I think it's a product of the society we live in. Folk are told the world revolves round them too much and they expect success to arrive and all the riches with it without thinking about their own commercial value. If you don't produce you don't get paid. I fear for McNeil that he will fade away in football and waste this chance. So far he's not got Everton fans onboard with his efforts. This is tragically a path that too many young these days are falling into. Then, it's always somebody else's fault why they did'nt succeed.

Our scouting system back then BT was second to none and we were the team to play for , like Man City today , we are no longer the biggest draw to youngster and potential superstars as you know money talks, plus the pool of potential players has increased ten fold but not all of them are of a standard to play at the highest level .

The magic ingredient was were the best , now we’re not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)