+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No New Measures For Energy Help!

No New Measures For Energy Help!

Energy bosses not given any new help today. Mental health and depression will hugely increase with those families tipped over the edge! Can understand it for those poor people who can’t feed their kids or turn on the electricity - it will turn some over the edge.

Whilst those energy companies make record profits they should not cry when millions can’t pay their bills or worse there are riots! It will happen! Shop lifting too started to increase as noticed by large players.

Does not fill people with help either - Sunak the crooked and lying c unt or Truss who appears a waste of space!

Solution might be now to take Putin head on and get NATO in there!!!

I'm going to help my nieces with the £400, they are giving us.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Energy bosses not given any new help today. Mental health and depression will hugely increase with those families tipped over the edge! Can understand it for those poor people who can’t feed their kids or turn on the electricity - it will turn some over the edge.

Whilst those energy companies make record profits they should not cry when millions can’t pay their bills or worse there are riots! It will happen! Shop lifting too started to increase as noticed by large players.

Does not fill people with help either - Sunak the crooked and lying c unt or Truss who appears a waste of space!

Solution might be now to take Putin head on and get NATO in there!!!
    I’m playing devil’s advocate here so don’t shoot me down too quickly.

I agree with a lot of your post AL.

But.......I wonder what % of these people in “dire need” will be smoking 20 to 40 fags a day, spending much of their time on eattillyoudie.com and buying the latest iPhone 1,000,000 with hands free laser w a n k mode at £1000 a pop and upgrading their 98 inch TV?

Back in the day our generation would’ve just cut back a huge amount, these days people aren’t prepared to do the personal hard yards.

The government ( ie. with OUR money ) is expected to cover everything.

We wore an extra jumper and two pairs of socks when we needed to when I was a kid and we were poor.

You will remember the energy crisis of the mid 70’s, for 2 or 3 days a week we had no heating at all......nada, zilch, f u c k all.

We also lived in homes that were poorly insulated and had no double glazing.

Amazingly, we survived.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I'm going to help my nieces with the £400, they are giving us.

That’s really kind Lloyd. Helping others in these times is a great gift.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    That’s really kind Lloyd. Helping others in these times is a great gift.
    The baristas of Harrogate welcome your benevolence in advance Al' 😊 😉 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    The baristas of Harrogate welcome your benevolence in advance Al' 😊 😉 .
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    The baristas of Harrogate welcome your benevolence in advance Al' �� �� .

That's made my day! The sheep who put money in Lai's pockets without protest also welcome your benevolence to Dike and your fact finding mission of our Robbo

Seems from my point of view it’s the wholesale energy price that is the big problem, we are a big producer, some 50% of our gas comes from our own North Sea fields, simply put a cap on that. Seems the only way out, but no tweedle dee sits in number 10 and does nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m playing devil’s advocate here so don’t shoot me down too quickly.

I agree with a lot of your post AL.

But.......I wonder what % of these people in “dire need” will be smoking 20 to 40 fags a day, spending much of their time on eattillyoudie.com and buying the latest iPhone 1,000,000 with hands free laser w a n k mode at £1000 a pop and upgrading their 98 inch TV?

Back in the day our generation would’ve just cut back a huge amount, these days people aren’t prepared to do the personal hard yards.

The government ( ie. with OUR money ) is expected to cover everything.

We wore an extra jumper and two pairs of socks when we needed to when I was a kid and we were poor.

You will remember the energy crisis of the mid 70’s, for 2 or 3 days a week we had no heating at all......nada, zilch, f u c k all.

We also lived in homes that were poorly insulated and had no double glazing.

Amazingly, we survived.
    I take your point Mick but with the hike in bills don't you think that will outweigh the savings a large swathe of the population could make? I can see mass civil unrest all over the UK unless something is done to support those who genuinely cannot afford to pay their rent, feed their families and heat their homes. Food prices are already higher, rents are rising as landlords look to cover all or part of their increased costs and anyone without a fixed rate mortgage is now paying more - all of which is adding to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    I take your point Mick but with the hike in bills don't you think that will outweigh the savings a large swathe of the population could make? I can see mass civil unrest all over the UK unless something is done to support those who genuinely cannot afford to pay their rent, feed their families and heat their homes. Food prices are already higher, rents are rising as landlords look to cover all or part of their increased costs and anyone without a fixed rate mortgage is now paying more - all of which is adding to the problem.
    I totally get it WCV but I still believe that no matter how much help people get many will squander it on “necessities” such as a new iPhone.

I’ll give you an example of why, if help is to be given, it should be done by either direct payment from government to the energy company or by energy vouchers although I still wouldn’t trust many not to sell these for a lesser amount of cash.

I’ve been a private landlord for almost 20 years.

The biggest mistake the Labour government made in regards to the benefits system was to stop the paying of rent to landlords and to instead give the money to the tenant who then pays the landlord.

In the dream world politicians live in this was going to teach tenants how to handle money responsibly........I’ll let you guess how this went!

If you’re going to assist the less well off in society then simply put the government payment straight to the energy company on their behalf.

Then......hammer all energy companies with another huge windfall tax to get all the money back and rinse and repeat as necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)