+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No New Measures For Energy Help!

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    I take your point Mick but with the hike in bills don't you think that will outweigh the savings a large swathe of the population could make? I can see mass civil unrest all over the UK unless something is done to support those who genuinely cannot afford to pay their rent, feed their families and heat their homes. Food prices are already higher, rents are rising as landlords look to cover all or part of their increased costs and anyone without a fixed rate mortgage is now paying more - all of which is adding to the problem.

Totally agree WCV. Yes there are many who take the p iss but the majority will be genuine who simply can’t afford to feed their kids or use energy. Perhaps more rich people should help those less fortunate! Increase the minimum wage! Increase the taxation for horrible companies like Amazon and Sports direct. Close companies down who don’t pay U.K. tax on U.K. sales.

Stop illegal immigration completely and send every dinghy back. No help for U.K. poor people who can’t pay their bills but every bit of help for those entering on dinghies!

The country is a mess! The NHS is broken and it will no doubt be privatised and going that way already - people are forced to pay whatever is dictated to them regarding energy usage so why wouldn’t someone find 5K for a private operation. I hope many pay for private operations over their energy bills.

There will be civil unrest and predict there will be riots! Don’t blame those who can’t pay as they have to take a stand!

Mental illness and depression already going through the roof for people who can’t see a way out! Some people who have no worries don’t know how lucky they are!

Having a few weeks ago had a total hip replacement and am now building up my strength with support from the hospital physio department I can tell you the NHS is far from broken. I am now walking without the need for sticks and each day is an improvement. I was told in February I would have my operation this year sometime and hopefully September/October. I had it at the end of June.

Yes the NHS needs changes, especially as it was formed 74 years ago, 3 years before I was born. The world is a totally different place now and not surprisingly the model that was created in 1948 needs to be very different in 2022. Some of that may have to include increased privatisation but that is no bad thing.

You are a great fan of the US as am I. The medical service for those on private healthcare is as good as anywhere in the world. And don’t be fooled into thinking most ‘poor’ people are left out. Over 50 million people rely on state hospitals and they are nowhere near as good as the private hospitals but mainly similar standard to our NHS.

As others have said on other threads people should have the choice. As now some decide to pay for private education, a disproportionate amount of Asian families included. Many choose to have private healthcare. Others decide to live for today. Others don’t have as much of a choice, often through no fault of their own and they need the safety net of support to help them. Others though choose to spend their money in different ways, and that is their choice, but when things go wrong they expect everyone else, to bail them out!

I am sure of one thing and that is, despite its many faults, people living in this country should appreciate just how lucky they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Having a few weeks ago had a total hip replacement and am now building up my strength with support from the hospital physio department I can tell you the NHS is far from broken. I am now walking without the need for sticks and each day is an improvement. I was told in February I would have my operation this year sometime and hopefully September/October. I had it at the end of June.

Yes the NHS needs changes, especially as it was formed 74 years ago, 3 years before I was born. The world is a totally different place now and not surprisingly the model that was created in 1948 needs to be very different in 2022. Some of that may have to include increased privatisation but that is no bad thing.

You are a great fan of the US as am I. The medical service for those on private healthcare is as good as anywhere in the world. And don’t be fooled into thinking most ‘poor’ people are left out. Over 50 million people rely on state hospitals and they are nowhere near as good as the private hospitals but mainly similar standard to our NHS.

As others have said on other threads people should have the choice. As now some decide to pay for private education, a disproportionate amount of Asian families included. Many choose to have private healthcare. Others decide to live for today. Others don’t have as much of a choice, often through no fault of their own and they need the safety net of support to help them. Others though choose to spend their money in different ways, and that is their choice, but when things go wrong they expect everyone else, to bail them out!

I am sure of one thing and that is, despite its many faults, people living in this country should appreciate just how lucky they are.

Good post although in many countries in the EU - citizens are paying no where near what those in the U.K. are paying for energy. People are moaning in the US but you can still fill up a large car on 60/70 dollars so half the cost.

In terms of the NHS - depends where you are of course. I don’t think a girl having a traumatic birth being told she can’t go to her Harrogate hospital where she lives as no room so had to go to Grimsby some 2 hours away - being acceptable! Many hospitals still full of Covid patients!

Many who have private healthcare work with decent employers who offer this as part of the package - good for them! The most profitable companies though like Amazon and Sports Direct treat their employees like s hite and offer s hitty contracts and the minimum wage!
    Last edited by baggieal; 11-08-2022 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post

Great post.

The waiting time for surgery is at very low levels in the U.K. at the moment due to a massive push post Covid according to Radio 5Live the other day.

The main problem with the NHS is too many managers and too many public servants in charge of running the show and procuring the hardware and everything else needed.

A lack of basic business nous and the typical public sector lack of accountability costs us billions in wastage every year.

I’m sure Dubs could give us chapter and verse on this.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Great post.

The waiting time for surgery is at very low levels in the U.K. at the moment due to a massive push post Covid according to Radio 5Live the other day.

The main problem with the NHS is too many managers and too many public servants in charge of running the show and procuring the hardware and everything else needed.

A lack of basic business nous and the typical public sector lack of accountability costs us billions in wastage every year.

100% agree Mick, when I have needed the NHS recently it has been first class including beating the private sector with a date for gall bladder removal for my wife. Get rid of the non essential roles and bureaucracy.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Great post.
    It's my day off.
    Don't get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    It's my day off.
    Don't get me started.
    Just how bad is the bureaucracy though Dubs?

Are you run by layers of morons?

Are you aware how much you overpay for stuff?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)