+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Motherwell match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Spot on. Either Goodwin isn't asking us to do that or the players aren't following his instructions. Either way it's down to him.
    I have never seen a winger so reluctant to try to beat a player or put in a cross than Matty Kennedy. I thought he might have turned a corner after his better performances in the league cup group stages but maybe the championship/league 1 is his level?

Hayes tries his best but at the end of the day he is 35,his days of terrorising full backs are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    There's something very wrong when people on this board know more about tactics and could pick a better team than Cantwin.
    It should be a hell of a lot clearer to people now that Jim Goodwin and his coaching team aren’t of the quality to make us any good. Tactically inept today against an absolute rookie manager who clearly done his homework and had his players carry out his instructions.
    Folk will still say he needs time etc but every minute he still remains in the hot seat is another minute wasted. An absolute dreadful appointment.

Well after the eurphoria of a good win and performance last week, it was a real reality check for us today. I did think Motherwell would be looking to impress their new manager, but feck me we didn't have to help them along. Although it was 2-3, they probably deserved another couple of goals so pathetic we were at defending today, none of our defence or central midfield could claim to have had a decent games, they were all over the shop.

I do wonder how things would have been if Miovski had taken his chance when through one on one with the keeper,, would it have settled the nerves? That said Motherwell had the freedom of our midfield for most of the game and did think our manager might have rectified that issue earlier on, but chose not to for whatever reason and I hope Mcrorie never starts in defence again unless we are down to the bare bones.

Player wise I would have had Hayes as MOTM, but his legs, despite his heroics at times just can't hold out like they used to, but where he gets his energy from is beyond me, will be a huge loss when he does retire, but we do need a couple more players like him for energy levels and workrate alone.

It really was a bad day at the office today, really bad and we need to put it behind us and get it right for the next game and I also expect to see some changes to the line up and don't just mean ones needed due to injuries, another two today on top of two from last week and ramadani looked like he was having issues too. There was no way all those new players coming into the club and straight into the team were going to settle in a few weeks, but today was a hell of a come down from last week.

I did like the fact JG made his team clap the fans at the end, easy as f*ck to do after a good win, but takes a bit of balls to do it after a bad defeat and I am quite sure the players didn't enjoy having to do it.

Since we are splashing the cash, could we not just sign the boy VanVeen from Motherwell just to stop him scoring against us when we play them, might be easier to do that than try and defend against the big fecking lump

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Back down to earth with a great big thud. Pleasing.
    The thud wasn't quite as big as the one you f*ckers made in Alkmaar on Thursday night. That one measured on the richter scale. I suppose being Utd you will claim the joint record European defeat as an honour though.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I have never seen a winger so reluctant to try to beat a player or put in a cross than Matty Kennedy. I thought he might have turned a corner after his better performances in the league cup group stages but maybe the championship/league 1 is his level?

Hayes tries his best but at the end of the day he is 35,his days of terrorising full backs are long gone.
    Trouble is, our 'wingers' barely got on the ball to even have the option of beating a man or getting a cross in. We need to figure out how we get the ball to Vinny, Kennedy or whoever is wide. Clarkson is on steep learning curve, so is Ramadani...I'd you lose midfield you're f*****d.

I have not posted on here for some time, as I have just been watching, ok The St Mirren did give a bit of encouragement and room for some cautious optimism.
    BUT !!!! If we are to believe there is going to be a vast improvement from last season, and we all know in needs to be VAST, then starting with the basics we should easily be beating teams like Motherwell and especially at home ffs, no further comment required for now, will wait and see what the next few games tells us.

SF

Never one to pish ma pants too early, I think it’s a bit soon for doom mongering.

Our defending was abysmal and we were largely posted missing in midfield. And not convinced by Roos.

But we clearly have better options going forward and look like we can score. Last season and certainly under McInnes we’d have been lucky to get one goal let alone two.

So while there is work to be done, if we can keep Stewart and Scales together in the centre I still reckon we’re heading for a vastly improved performance this season.

Injuries could really do us over, though, if they carry on like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I have not posted on here for some time, as I have just been watching, ok The St Mirren did give a bit of encouragement and room for some cautious optimism.
    BUT !!!! If we are to believe there is going to be a vast improvement from last season, and we all know in needs to be VAST, then starting with the basics we should easily be beating teams like Motherwell and especially at home ffs, no further comment required for now, will wait and see what the next few games tells us.

SF
    We won’t see the improvement we need under our current manager. He is not forward thinking enough. I don’t expect to win every match (even though we should look like we are attempting that) but I can’t say I am surprised by how we played yesterday. We were dreadful against Celtic and got fortunate that Gallagher done us a turn against St.Mirren.

I'm a bit confused by the constant d1cking about with the middle of the defence.
    I'm not sure if the issue is Scales being missing, out on the left, McCrorie not being good enough at centre back or missing McCrorie protecting the back four when he's taken out of centre mid, possibly a combination of all of them.
    To my mind, you get the centre back combo right and build out from there.

I thought we were dreadful all over the park yesterday. Big improvement needed. A team that couldn't score in 180 minutes against a league of Ireland side cut through us like a knife through butter yesterday. Defence is still very worrying. Could have been a lot worse. Miovski looks a striker though. Why take Hayes off yesterday? Ramadani looks slow. Richardson never a right back. Too many simply turned up yesterday thinking they'd just roll over murderwell. C'mon Jim sort it out for next few games.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast