+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ot - Energy bills this winter

ot - Energy bills this winter

This is going to be absolutely horrific for millions of people this winter .

Latest predictions are £4200 pa to cover your usage .

What's worrying is that nobody seems to know how best to provide the support clearly millions are going to need .

The PM seems to have checked out , the Tory leadership contest not yet decided and the opposition ??? .......... Well you tell me .

Protest movements like Don't Pay UK are springing up , 100k signed up with the intention of not paying their bill .

Strikes kicking off right , left and centre .

I seriously believe we are going to see a huge amount of disorder on our streets before too long if somebody doesn't get a grip on things .

Things are going to turn nasty. Im looking at beefing up security of the house and garage whilst I think i can afford, because after the bills, the next increase will be burglaries

Sit tight for now , don't cancel/change or not pay , it will cost you even more if you do , " could do with a warm weather payment !!!" This heat is personally the last thing I need ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Sit tight for now , don't cancel/change or not pay , it will cost you even more if you do , " could do with a warm weather payment !!!" This heat is personally the last thing I need ,
    Absolutely Roma , under no circumstances do folk not pay their energy bills .

However .

You can pay what you can afford just as long as you can prove your outgoings are more than your income by keeping receipts , bank statements etc etc .

Speak to your provider and they will work something out with you but you have to be able to prove you can't pay the full bill .

Talking in general here mi owd not specifically to you Roma .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Absolutely Roma , under no circumstances do folk not pay their energy bills .

However .

You can pay what you can afford just as long as you can prove your outgoings are more than your income by keeping receipts , bank statements etc etc .

Speak to your provider and they will work something out with you but you have to be able to prove you can't pay the full bill .

Talking in general here mi owd not specifically to you Roma .
    On a similar vain , in 1984/5 when I was enjoying a year off at Maggies pleasure I paid my mortgage in full for two months but then came to an agreement with my building society to pay just £1 a month for the rest of the strike ,which in fact kept my account open & then of course afterwards it cost me a fortune with the arrears being tagged on , however my point is that maybe the energy companies may come to such an agreement to accept initially a nominal payment until such time that things may recover , who knows , I am only throwing in as a comparison of hard times & a temporary solution .

I looked at the octopus “crystal ball” that based on your usage history, current and predicted prices in Oct Jan and next April even including the £400 government help is frightening !

Essentially , I used to pay 120 to 150 a year ago , now I pay 250 a month which at current prices over 12 months break even. If I turn on the crystal ball I have to start paying 450 a month right now to break even. Now this sort of rise can have knock on effects to industry , retail etc and to those who can ride this out currently if jobs start to be shed no one working can sit pretty unless they have some significant rainy day funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    On a similar vain , in 1984/5 when I was enjoying a year off at Maggies pleasure I paid my mortgage in full for two months but then came to an agreement with my building society to pay just £1 a month for the rest of the strike ,which in fact kept my account open & then of course afterwards it cost me a fortune with the arrears being tagged on , however my point is that maybe the energy companies may come to such an agreement to accept initially a nominal payment until such time that things may recover , who knows , I am only throwing in as a comparison of hard times & a temporary solution .
    They are going to have to Shads with what's coming this winter .

They can't get blood out of a stone after all and this is a situation out of the control of customers .

Good advice to keep paying…. We moved into a new (old) house last year and the then supplier Avro went bust before I could fix. We waited 4 months before we were moved to Octopus, Couldn’t pay anyone,. They then took us on, told us what to pay a month and since then haven’t asked for any increase. Their smart meter I had fitted says we are using a month what we pay. …..
    I’m sitting tight, and hoping like has been mentioned, that this will end up getting spread out. If Putin send a missile, we will be warm enough….and owe Nowt